Emirates... regional pilots no longer qualified to work for us

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That sounds like a little SJS there....

I was thinking the same. Your diagnosis doctor does seem correct. Accute SJS's for sure. Now we just need to have him come in, take behind the airport and beat the hell out of him. LOL

I garantee you that every one of you regional pilots would jump at the chance to get on at a major even with the condition that you would only fly Airbus a/c.

I garantee you that every one of you regional pilots would jump at the chance to get on at a major even with the condition that you would only fly Airbus a/c.

Nope! Not that I am one of them (soon might be however), but there are many regional Pilots that make at or just above 100k a year. They have a great QOL and 3-4 vaction slots a year.

So why leave and go to a major where you'll make 40k your first year? On top of that it might take you 7-10 years to regain the money you lost. Then on top of that dangle on a bottom of a seniority list. Most of the top 3rd pilots at regional airlines won't go anywhere.

For some it doesn't matter if its a airbus or boeing. Its more the QOL and being happy where you are.

Latest resources

Back