Emirates Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I take the pay and lifestyle of flying abroad and the life in the US.:beer:

Boy oh Boy...from a barbie jet to a wide body and you are god now...Wake up young man, wake up.

Where did you come from? it is funny to me how former regional pilots are the ones that do the most bashing:rolleyes:

Fair statement, but I can never compare the good old USA with the emirates........I dont care how much they pay...quality of life in the us is better and lets not kidd ourselves.

I never said the quality of live was better in DXB. I fly at least 2 ULR's every month back home because I LOVE being back in the US, even if it is for only 4 or 5 days out of the month. Aviation in the US sucks right now. You can try to paint it however you want but the career has hit a brick wall of stagnation, corporate greed and disloyalty. The package here is not bad and because I fly on the Boeing fleet, I get 15 to 17 days off per month, my kids are getting a pretty good education and the wife is happy!

How quick does one forget, the bad thing about posting in FI is that the iformation is there for everyone to see

So many arrogant former RJ drivers made it to EK and coming on here to disrespect his fellow country man!

We all have choices...and EK is not what all these kids claimed to be..

So many arrogant former RJ drivers made it to EK and coming on here to disrespect his fellow country man!

Sorry, I don't understand your post or the kids comment? Most of the ex-RJ drivers here are in their mid-30's and can't help that they got into the industry at a point where majors were unstable. We all passed the same interview, training, and checkrides at EK, so what is the difference?

The only kids here are the ones that always have to be negative and complaint about stuff they have no clue about! There is always someone out there that needs to make everyone else feel as bad or as worthless as they do!
You are correct when you say we all have choices, the person that began this thread was trying to gather the information required to make that choice, funny how someone was complaining about the TEMP. in DXB as a reason for not coming!
Mr. Sniper, CFI to A320, that was a great move in your life, you are either at UAL or JetBlue, I would worry about my own problems, enough said!!!!!

Varmint

RJ pilots does not have a good rep here in EK. There are some good chaps but in general many still got an attitude.

Varmint

RJ pilots does not have a good rep here in EK. There are some good chaps but in general many still got an attitude.

Maybe some of it is how they are treated when they come through training here. If you want to have a frank discussion, our training department does not have a great reputation at making newcomers feel welcomed at all..... especially RJ guys from the US (the treatment was worse with the couple of them that I had in my batch). One of my friends was an ex police officer in the UK before his flying career began and he said that he had arrested people for talking to him the way some of the SFI's did during training. I experienced the same thing. This was with EK, not CAE trainers. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about the company. Once you clear the initial training hurdle things are great and most of the guys I fly with are really great guys.

I have met some ex-USair guys here with big attitudes but I just blow it off as an individual thing, not a group issue. Is that not the right thing to do?

Latest resources

Back