• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Finished my first year in July. Took home $102,168. That did include bonus which is not guaranteed. Also included 4 months of training pay which means no flight pay. Not bad considering housing, utilities and med/dental are paid for. Your only expenses are phone/TV/internet and whatever car you buy. Oh, and how much partying ($10.00 beers) and skirt chasing you do.
The real question is whether or not you can tolerate Dubai.

Best of Luck,
The Pig.

What the hell? I never pay more than 20 dirhams ($5.50) for beer. Trader Vic's Mai-Tai bar in JBR, and your handy EPC card... ;)

What the hell? I never pay more than 20 dirhams ($5.50) for beer. Trader Vic's Mai-Tai bar in JBR, and your handy EPC card... ;)

Never? That limits your option in DXB. The only other place with 20 AED beers I can think of are the softball fields by the Metropolitan.

The Pig.

Right, but Trader Vic's is right by my place so I can stumble home without cabs if necessary. ;)

Last edited:

What's the crowd like there? Never been.
You can see how often I visit these boards. Took six weeks to follow up.

The Pig.

Correct me if Im wrong but $100,000 take home and having your housing paid for leaves an FO job at Emirates much higher paying than any US airline. When you think of the value of housing taking that expense out of your monthly budget will leave most families with a lot of surplus cash.

What is the monthly take home of a FO that takes the housing allowance instead of the provided accommodations?

It's all available online. If you take the housing allowance you get an additional 3,633USD/month added to your paycheck. You can get up to 6 months of that as an advance.

I'm a 4 year FO flying the 777. My average paycheck is 27,500 dirhams a month. That comes out to $7493 dollars take home a month. I also live out of accomodation. I get 160,000 dirhams a year for that. 160,000 divided by 12 is 13,333 which is $3632 per month. Add the two together it come out to 11,125 take home a month. That does not include any bonus (if we were to get one), per diem money for the overnights, the deduction of 5 percent contribution to retirement, the 12 percent of my salary amount that Emirates puts into retirement. It's not first year pay but hope that helps. The only difference between my pay and first year pay would be you average paycheck per month. Housing allowance is the same regardless of what year you are. I would think would make around 25,000 dirhams a month as a first year FO after everything they take out.

Jeremy

Not enough money to be in 120 degree place....sorry, thanks but no thanks.

they need to pay FOs 150k per year and Captains 300k per year plus free housing

Not enough money to be in 120 degree place....sorry, thanks but no thanks.

they need to pay FOs 150k per year and Captains 300k per year plus free housing

LOL! Record high for Dubai is 118 degrees F. Dubai heat and Texas heat is not very different

Question guys. Is there an age limit when applying for Emirates?Txs

Per the OMA "age limit for First Officer is 53 with experience commensurate with age"...what is actually competitive right now, I have no idea.

Latest resources

Back