Emirates Now Accepting Applications 14Sep2009

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Another post (somewhere) said that Qatas is rejecting their 10 A-380s, and Airbus worked a deal for EK to get them instead.

And, what IS the career deal re: -380s???

cliff
NBO

Just a quick addition: I've flown with two TRI's this month who have mentioned that EK must (forced?..I dunno) take 10 380's in the next 12 months. It's a career killer for existing 330/340 fo's to move over to the Super but that's what they've said EK will do. Maybe even move some jr 777 guys.

Two of the aircraft being taken are test aircraft, MSN007 and MSN009, which I'm sure they got a good deal on. Related article here

Some more info here:
Emirates not taking 747-8I

The A380 isn't so much a career killer for the current pilots. It is an upgrade delayer more than anything else since one can't really upgrade in type. They must go back to the A330/340 for an upgrade.

New hires are looking at minimum 7 to 10 years for an upgrade so a few years on the A380 isn't going to make much difference. It would adversely affect senior A330/340 first officers though, or anyone else who is conceivably within 2 years of an upgrade.

Typhoonpilot

A380 FO slot a career killer? Give me a break. On the flip side, you probably advance your chances of scoring at bars when you can show the ladies your BIG FAT RIDE (A380)...

Just joking... Although that would be a good conversation starter.

That's the problem Typhoon,
Rumour has it that they are taking the guys with over 2 years with the company to keep experience levels high on the 380. You're right for new guys the 380 not a problem, for the guys with 2+ years its a definate upgrade delayer!

Cliff,

I think you once mentioned that you knew some people at EK on the 777. How are they liking their jobs there in light of the changes in conditions? Have their opinions changed much? On average, how many days per month are they flying or away from home (Dubai)?

Pprune.org

several ex colleagues left here to join EK several years ago, and they were all "the glass is half full" kind of people...they still enjoy their life in DXB, but they also say it's all true what is posted on the other website

Hi!

I have talked to 5 guys at EK. One came here about 2? years ago, and quit before sim. He hated EVERYTHING having to do with the Middle East. Why he even accepted the EK offer, I have NO idea!

The other 4 guys are there now. 3 say, overall, they like EK and Dubai. The other guy says that now it is OK, and is not anywhere as good as it was before. He said you have to compare EK with your current situation, and decide if it is better or not.

Don't know about schedules, except have read that the -330 guys have the worst schedules (just like the smallest plane guys at Qatar have the worst schedules).

cliff
NBO

I just got an auto generated email from the Emirates Application system
It stated that there were two reasons for me not being invited to the interview:
Reason 1. I am not current on my aircraft type.---Ya not $hit! I got FURLOUGHED!!!
Reason2. That my BMI is greater than 30-----What the @$&^ !!!! Since when did Emirates care about BMI.
Sorry about the frustration, but its been a tough 6 months. I thought that I would just pass on the info. Hope the luck for others is better

Hi!

Unfortunately for us Americans, a BMI minimum is standard at almost all overseas airline jobs.

cliff
NBO

Has anyone been invited to interview since they started accepting applications again?

Latest resources

Back