Emirates interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Yeah, the BMI IS crap! Body fat is the best way to go.

cliff
NBO

For the person that asked about the 4000 tt, I interviewed with 3540 tt, 2 years ago and got hired as they used 500 hours of my FE time to get me over the 4000 tt. I was told that if you are close to the 4000 tt they will interview you and if successful, will offer you a job contingent on you getting to the 4000 before you start class. Also my tt included 750 hours of CRJ time, the rest was 727, 737 and 747. About the BMI, last year mine went up to 30 and I was told to get it down, this year it was 27 and nothing said, they take the BMI very seriously here at EK. uba757

Last edited:
Thanks uba. I was the guy that asked about the total time. I'm at 3850 and not sure how I'd get the extra 150 being currently furloughed. I appreciate the reply though.

Does anybody know anything about the written exam. Will it be from ICAO Annex 18. Do they even give out written exam....I was told they had stop giving a written. Thanks

Does anybody know anything about the written exam. Will it be from ICAO Annex 18. Do they even give out written exam....I was told they had stop giving a written. Thanks

If it's anything like the exam they were giving 2 years ago, it's very simple. Basic WX, basic aerodynamics, etc.....

Unless they change the format from what they've used in the past, you really can't study for it. Everything is very laid back and all about 3 things; Can you fly, can you play nice with others and do they like you.

If it's anything like the exam they were giving 2 years ago, it's very simple. Basic WX, basic aerodynamics, etc.....

Unless they change the format from what they've used in the past, you really can't study for it. Everything is very laid back and all about 3 things; Can you fly, can you play nice with others and do they like you.

The written is not simple. Most guys come out of it thinking they may have got 50% of the answers right. Most people are so far removed from the days of ATP theory that a good review is a very prudent task in preparing for the EK interview. I spent one month of continuous study because I thought it was similar to the Cathay technical interview. Fortunately it was just the 30 question quiz, but even with all the study I did I walked out thinking I might have got 70% correct.

I spent a lot of time reading PPRune's technical forum; read Understanding Performance; Flying the Big Jets; and the FAA Weather books.

Typhoonpilot

I'm the same height as you but 215 pounds with similar body fat. BMI is a joke.

BMI is a farce...

It was NEVER designed to be used on an individual basis, but rather as a tool for measuring obesity rates of a specific demographic or large population.

Unfortunately, someone neglected to mention it to the other countries that seem to like using it, as well as mentioning that some of us really LIKE to work out. At 5' 11" and 175 pounds I'm "borderline" on BMI, but also sit between 8% and 9% body fat, as I'm also in the gym 5-6 days a week.

Just means, prior to interview, I'll have to cut down to cardio only for a MONTH, then bulk back up after they've hired me and put me through training. They want to throw away a $250,000 investment because I like to work out? Knock yourself out...

Just for clarification, if you don’t have any heavy jet time you’re out of luck! I keep getting the e-mails to up date my app. How do you calculate your BMI, but by the way it sound I’ve busted it? Thanks.

For the person that asked about the 4000 tt, I interviewed with 3540 tt, 2 years ago and got hired as they used 500 hours of my FE time to get me over the 4000 tt. I was told that if you are close to the 4000 tt they will interview you and if successful, will offer you a job contingent on you getting to the 4000 before you start class. Also my tt included 750 hours of CRJ time, the rest was 727, 737 and 747. About the BMI, last year mine went up to 30 and I was told to get it down, this year it was 27 and nothing said, they take the BMI very seriously here at EK. uba757

3540TT, 750 CRJ, and you had 727/737/747 time? What airline was this at?

Hi!

Heavy time is "preferred". I don't think that requirement will hold up for too long!!! They used to hire RJ only guys (non-heavy).

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back