Emirates in talks with AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

8sugarsugar

Rumor has it, Emirate's private 319 was in Dallas couple weeks ago..shortly after the merger hit a snag with US Air. 3 years ago Emirates was in talks with AA for some joint venture, but that fell through after the merger with US Air.

You heard it here first. Maybe a 49% purchase? Maybe a bailout like Qantas. Maybe after bankruptcy, you will see American Airlines flights ### operated by Emirates.

That may be better than any merger. Emirates does AA's wide body network feeding into DFW, and AA takes them the rest of the domestic way. Delta/United et al, have a hard time competing with the AA product "operated by Emirates"

^too much speculating for now, my car and driver are waiting for me outside..time to fly

Before General Lee chimes in, just let me fill in the blanks for him

1. "never ever will happen."
2. "delta is better than you"
3. "enjoy your Dhaka layover"
4. "enjoy the Dubai heat"
5. "enjoy the Dubai rapes"
6. "the unions will stop emirates"
7. "Delta skymiles program will stop anyone from flying emirates"
8. "Delta's business class is awesome"
9. "it is unpatriotic that Emirate's buys 100's of Boeing Jets, we shouldn't sell them anything"
10. "Everyone is gay except for me"

repeat

you are welcome General Lee, saved you some time.

No 49% purchase allowed in the US. Max of 25% I think. (Branson only owns 25% of Virgin America). And, the USAir merger will probably go, as long as they give up stuff to satisfy the DOJ. Your dreams of moving your family out of the Sandpit and the crazy laws (rape victims jailed) back to the States isn't looking good. Sorry! Enjoy Hyderabad!

Bye Bye---General Lee

so we can check off the General Lee predictable comments #1, #5 and #3. No need to repeat yourself.

"The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender, and excludes rape by envelopment,[90] states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male.[91] One of six U.S. women has experienced an attempted or completed rape.[92] More than a quarter of college age women report having experienced a rape or rape attempt since age"

fv

I don't think AA can legally talk to anyone until the merger happens or doesn't happen and if they do it has to be reported in the bankruptcy court.

"The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender, and excludes rape by envelopment,[90] states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male.[91] One of six U.S. women has experienced an attempted or completed rape.[92] More than a quarter of college age women report having experienced a rape or rape attempt since age"

fv

You are comparing rape there to the US?! Really? Are victims and the accusers jailed and then pardoned after 8 months? Read into the Australian woman who was on their "60 minutes" in Australia.

Not denying there are bad crimes in the US, more people and all, but victims aren't jailed too. You should be ashamed of yourself for even trying to compare. You are getting desperate, and you can't debate the facts--obvious victims jailed. You lose. Oh yeah, and don't kiss a girlfriend on the beach, you may get arrested too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think cjbrown is right, but as I have said before the first US major to take EK to the dance floor will have a 'First Mover' advantage.

Qantas did it - and their improved profitability - just announced has been widely acclaimed by the industry as the direct result of the EK tie-up.

Air Canada finally threw in the towel and went with Etihad, BA just announced a deal with Qatar.

AA & UAL would work well because of IAD, IAH, DFW but DAL in NY & LAX also has pull.

There is no way the US Majors alliance partners can cover Africa, CIS, and Indian sub-continent like EK...just wait, it's going to happen...and I hope it's AA or UAL.

fv

I think cjbrown is right, but as I have said before the first US major to take EK to the dance floor will have a 'First Mover' advantage.

Qantas did it - and their improved profitability - just announced has been widely acclaimed by the industry as the direct result of the EK tie-up.

Air Canada finally threw in the towel and went with Etihad, BA just announced a deal with Qatar.

AA & UAL would work well because of IAD, IAH, DFW but DAL in NY & LAX also has pull.

There is no way the US Majors alliance partners can cover Africa, CIS, and Indian sub-continent like EK...just wait, it's going to happen...and I hope it's AA or UAL.

fv

The only benefit for a US legacy is your coverage of India/Pakistan. Qantas needed help connecting Europe to Australia, since they only did LHR and FRA. A US legacy would never send pax from the US to DXB to connect to Europe, Asia, or even Africa. Too far. Africa can be reached nonstop from the US, or connect through Europe (AA has a BA connection via LHR to almost every major African Capital--- and BA probably wants AA connections to Delhi, Mumbai, Chenai, etc also)

So, I don't think AA wants to upset it's biggest friend, BA, by giving you all of their connection traffic to the larger Indian cities, but you may be helpful with Lahore, Islamabad, and Karachi. You are probably overstating the importance greatly. Back to Damascus you go Fv!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Tut, tut..

We are the largest international carrier in the world, the largest operator of the B777 & A380 in the world. We are the worlds most profitable carrier.

Bangla, Pak, SL & India account for a rapidly growing market of 1.8bn people alone. No airline manager ignores that.

Africa has a population of 1.1bn with very little penetration by US carriers, they don't ignore that either.

To give you a taste...here is where we prvide widebody service to in Africa:

ABJ, ACC (2 1P/1F), ADD, ALG, CAI (2), CPT (2), CMN, CKY, DKR (2 1P/1F), DAR, DUR, EBB, HRE, JNB (4 -3P/1F) KRT,LFW (F), LLW (F), LOS (3- 2P/1F), LAD, LUN, MRU (2), NBO (3 - 2P/1F), SEZ (2), TIP (2 - 1P/1F), TUN.

India, Pak, Bangladesh & SL...too many to name...

These are seriously lucrative markets...discount at your peril...

...because AA & UAL management won't ignore a 3bn people market

fv

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back