Emerald Coast at Air Inc in Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. Little Boys with Dirty Minds

Albie knows me and he knows that I would never make a disparaging remark about anyone!!

For those of you that are "just wrong" to hijack this thread.....get your mind out of the gutter!!

The original post was to **tease** Albie that he will actually have to hub-turn since his wife is providing excellent interview preparation to the SWA/jetBlue/FDX candidates....

I do not think I'm going to dig myself out of this one, eh?

Sorry Aaron! I'll buy you a coffee in AOC.

AlbieF15 said:
Late word--but we will be at Dallas on Saturday. If you want to meet and chat, look for us at the Pan Am display. We are just here to grip and grin and show the flag--but we'll be at the May Air Inc Conference in full force with quite a few of our team.

I'll be the guy standing next to the beautiful blonde--hope to see you there!

Cool, I look forward to meeting you Albie. Beer and shots are on me all night. Will you be available for one on one interview prep at the hotel??? Look forward to hooking up!

Hey f-lo'd gal...if this does get nasty...know where I can find a good lawyer? ;)

Thanks Neal!

We also have been having great luck getting folks ready for Continental interviews, so we'll try to spread that news at Air Inc too.

Midnight in Dallas--lack of boozing by airline hopefuls is astounding--you'd think they thought people might actually be watching....

AlbieF15 said:
Midnight in Dallas--lack of boozing by airline hopefuls is astounding--you'd think they thought people might actually be watching....

Yeah, well, I thought I was on fire with 6 Univ of Richmond chicas tonight. One of 'em was spittin image of Rebecca Romign. Yes, she got all hot and bothered by the compliment, but it was true as all get out. Anyway, the 10 year difference worked it's way in there. I swear, the only fucking reason I'm in Richmond is the F-22. What a tough city.....

...Magnum...when I was growing up there were still a lot of quail running around the north Florida woods in Walton County. My father would take me hunting, and the first time I flushed a covey of quail I stood stunned for a second, and then shot 3 times missing every shot. I was trying to shoot the flock, not a bird, and the results were predictable. Dad just shook his head and laughed, and said "pick A bird...keep your eyes on it...and shoot....."

Later than day, with a limit of quail, I learned the value of focusing on your target. I'll be you got caught staring at the flock tonight....

Another lesson (and I'm sure you know this already..) is that a guy on the town with a few wingmen is "...a fun guy out with his buddies for a good time.." A guy out alone is "...a wierdo or psychopath or something..." I moved to Orlando after college and like you found breaking into a new place pretty tough.

Last point--girls you meet in bars are fun, but young ladies you meet in church will change your life. If you want "real" friends and the chance to connect to your new home, get involved with some groups in church or service projects with some community organizations. Not only do you get to answer those dreaded "...what have you done for your community..." type questions in a job interview, you get to meet some people with a great outlook on life along the way.

Don't get frustrated if you don't get called right away. When I interviewed, 2 other people in my group were also at the same AirInc (DFW) job fair. It was just that the event was in January and we didn't get called for interviews until June.

I know there are lots of you who have waited even longer, and if you need any encouragement as to whether it's worth the wait, I think there are a few of us out here who will say it is.

:D GO STEELERS!!!!

Latest resources

Back