Emerald Coast at Air Inc in Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interview Prep

Albie, I can't figure out if you are a drunkin' part time fighter pilot or a born again. Must be hard to try and appeal to everyone. I know this may be good forum to promote your product, but it also may be one to thank all those who are making you rich. Good on you though.

AlbieF15 said:
...Magnum...when I was growing up there were still a lot of quail running around the north Florida woods in Walton County. My father would take me hunting, and the first time I flushed a covey of quail I stood stunned for a second, and then shot 3 times missing every shot. I was trying to shoot the flock, not a bird, and the results were predictable. Dad just shook his head and laughed, and said "pick A bird...keep your eyes on it...and shoot....."

Later than day, with a limit of quail, I learned the value of focusing on your target. I'll be you got caught staring at the flock tonight....

Another lesson (and I'm sure you know this already..) is that a guy on the town with a few wingmen is "...a fun guy out with his buddies for a good time.." A guy out alone is "...a wierdo or psychopath or something..." I moved to Orlando after college and like you found breaking into a new place pretty tough.

Last point--girls you meet in bars are fun, but young ladies you meet in church will change your life. If you want "real" friends and the chance to connect to your new home, get involved with some groups in church or service projects with some community organizations. Not only do you get to answer those dreaded "...what have you done for your community..." type questions in a job interview, you get to meet some people with a great outlook on life along the way.

Good words. No more drunk posting! Have fun in the Big D.

...born again and drunk fighter pilot are not mutually exclusive. Enjoying gunning someone after a hard fought BFM engagment doesn't mean I can't go home after work and hug my three daughters and take them on a bike ride. Some of the most effective killing machine fighter pilots I ever had the chance to fly with were very well grounded in their faith and beliefs. Appealling to everyone isn't my job, but being a gentleman with folks (including our virtual community here on the 'net) never hurt anyone. I've got a lot to be thankful for, and I don't think the angst and bitterness on these boards ever helps anyone. I don't think avoiding the negativity makes me "...trying to appeal to everyone...", but rather is just a good way to try to live. And as for getting rich--not happening yet--but remember that the only money we make in the interview prep is from folks who get the job. I think you'll find we do business with the same approach we try to use in life...

AlbieF15 said:
...Magnum...when I was growing up there were still a lot of quail running around the north Florida woods in Walton County. My father would take me hunting, and the first time I flushed a covey of quail I stood stunned for a second, and then shot 3 times missing every shot. I was trying to shoot the flock, not a bird, and the results were predictable. Dad just shook his head and laughed, and said "pick A bird...keep your eyes on it...and shoot....."

Later than day, with a limit of quail, I learned the value of focusing on your target. I'll be you got caught staring at the flock tonight....

Another lesson (and I'm sure you know this already..) is that a guy on the town with a few wingmen is "...a fun guy out with his buddies for a good time.." A guy out alone is "...a wierdo or psychopath or something..." I moved to Orlando after college and like you found breaking into a new place pretty tough.

I love the first story...and as a single guy in Manhattan, it is quite appropriate. But then again, it is easy to fall prey to the BBD theory...that is - the "bigger better deal."

Now on the second one I shall add...a guy out with a wingWOMAN is a "fun guy who other women in the place will actually want to talk to."

-Neal

...born again and drunk fighter pilot are not mutually exclusive. Enjoying gunning someone after a hard fought BFM engagment doesn't mean I can't go home after work and hug my three daughters and take them on a bike ride. Some of the most effective killing machine fighter pilots I ever had the chance to fly with were very well grounded in their faith and beliefs. Appealling to everyone isn't my job, but being a gentleman with folks (including our virtual community here on the 'net) never hurt anyone. I've got a lot to be thankful for, and I don't think the angst and bitterness on these boards ever helps anyone. I don't think avoiding the negativity makes me "...trying to appeal to everyone...", but rather is just a good way to try to live. And as for getting rich--not happening yet--but remember that the only money we make in the interview prep is from folks who get the job. I think you'll find we do business with the same approach we try to use in life...
Last point--girls you meet in bars are fun, but young ladies you meet in church will change your life. If you want "real" friends and the chance to connect to your new home, get involved with some groups in church or service projects with some community organizations. Not only do you get to answer those dreaded "...what have you done for your community..." type questions in a job interview, you get to meet some people with a great outlook on life along the way.

Hog

Albie for President!

You're the greatest. Just copied and pasted all these posts and emailed them to the Mr. Bones Mayor who will assess libational congratulatory entitlements to you for your prowess on these hallowed pages.

Thank you and good night!

...Now I am dead for sure. I'll go ahead and reserve a cab for the ride home after the next roll call...

AlbieF15 said:
And as for getting rich--not happening yet--but remember that the only money we make in the interview prep is from folks who get the job. I think you'll find we do business with the same approach we try to use in life...
Wow. Ethics in the aviation industry. I'm impressed. Seriously. You guys only charge people who get the job? That's WAY cool... count me in... if I ever get a 2nd call from SWA or a 1st call anywhere else that's currently hiring. :)

p.s. Did everyone go over to Big River afterwards? I had to fly all day yesterday couldn't trade or drop my trip so I didn't make it out this year - first year I've missed a DFW career fair in about 5 years... :( Glad you had a good time (in ATL there were half a dozen of us in the hotel bar until we shut it down at 0200.) :D

BluDevAv8r said:
Now on the second one I shall add...a guy out with a wingWOMAN is a "fun guy who other women in the place will actually want to talk to."

-Neal
Or gay. ;)

Just kidding man, I couldn't resist. Have a good one!

Latest resources

Back