• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embraer maintenance costs cut into JetBlue's profits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First you make a deal with the local 737 type rating school, then you require the pilots to pay for their type before they start. Done.[/QUOTE
Don't forget to have an equivalent SWA pay & benefits package in place so that pilots will actually pay for their type.

Although the airframe and parts attached to it are not known for their reliability either.

Not going to argue that point with ya, thats for sure. It does seem to me that I am having less and less maintenance issues as time goes on though.

Simple math:

7000 total pilot employed by SWA since day one x $9000 = $63 million.

Total SWA contribution to 401k and Profitsharing accounts in 2011 (source is SWA by the numbers website) = $315 million.

Don’t think SWA’s financial existence depended on the type rating requirement.

Simple math:

7000 total pilot employed by SWA since day one x $9000 = $63 million.

Total SWA contribution to 401k and Profitsharing accounts in 2011 (source is SWA by the numbers website) = $315 million.

Don?t think SWA?s financial existence depended on the type rating requirement.

So why do they continue to require it?

Really, we are still talking about SWA type ratings? People get their type ratings from several vendors, the revenue doesn't even go to SWA.

I find it interesting that JB owns the engines. Are they not on an engine program with GE to mitigate some of this expense-exposure? In an airline op, it would seem to make sense to lease the engines...

Latest resources

Back