• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embraer maintenance costs cut into JetBlue's profits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it interesting that JB owns the engines. Are they not on an engine program with GE to mitigate some of this expense-exposure? In an airline op, it would seem to make sense to lease the engines...

Correct on all of the above. JB is trying to get into a power-by-the-hour mtx agreement with GE, but I'm guessing that won't be cheap since GE is aware of all the problems.

Who are you comparing that number to? And what is their number?

I was thinking the same thing. NK? G4? VX?
Of the 3, only VX is a comparable product and I'd be surprised if B6's stage length adjusted CASM isn't lower than VX.

AA will pick up those 190's after JetBlue is merged with XX airline. No need to negotiate an engine maintenance contract at this point.

AA will pick up those 190's after JetBlue is merged with XX airline. No need to negotiate an engine maintenance contract at this point.

We could only hope the pilots go with the airplanes. That would be a switch from what some of the airbus guys are always spewing, that the 190's and pilots are going to republic.

We could only hope the pilots go with the airplanes. That would be a switch from what some of the airbus guys are always spewing, that the 190's and pilots are going to republic.

That would be a fate worse than having to floss with Rosanne Barrs thong underwear!

Vanna, read your contract one letter at a time.

We have no fragmentation language. That is what the "airbus" guys are spewing.

Vanna, read your contract one letter at a time.

We have no fragmentation language. That is what the "airbus" guys are spewing.

Calm down splert thats why I said we could only hope.

The other comment was how it seems like some of the airbus guys are almost routing for the demise of the 190 and its pilots by getting spun off to republic.

No one is rooting for it. However many wish the damn POS was never acquired.

I think it is possible which is why I will never fly it. YMMV.

Calm down splert thats why I said we could only hope.

The other comment was how it seems like some of the airbus guys are almost routing for the demise of the 190 and its pilots by getting spun off to republic.

I've been on the Airbus for almost 11 years. I have never ever ever never ever heard what you are claiming. I think you are being a bit over sensitive. Would I like to see 190's traded for Airbuses? Absolutely! It's probably not going to happen though.

Latest resources

Back