• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB170/190 Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJs have spoilers, slats, go faster than .75? What a crock of shee-it. Commuter airlines should be restricted to turboprops.

:p

We have terrible door seal (weather striping around door not actually the seal) vibrations on some aircraft. Ive flown the 145 and this airplane and never had anything like it on the 145's. Funny thing is that the striping is so necessary that maintanance just cuts it off and that is th fix. The plane does have alot more air noises than other planes Ive flown.

This is not a door seal. I have heard poor door sealing this ia a low groan like a deep viration in the fuselage.

I know exactly what you're talking about and it's not a door seal. There is a distinct difference. I have over 2000 hours on the 170/175 and I've always heard this noise, but can never identify the source, nor can anybody else i've asked. It does not happen all the time, and yes my fellow crewmembers have noticed it as well.

RJs have spoilers, slats, go faster than .75? What a crock of shee-it. Commuter airlines should be restricted to turboprops.

:p

But it wasn't. Get over it. Do you constantly bitch over the things that you wish that were but are not? Say something constructive folks.

Its fairly consistent with higher airspeeds and usually diminishes during lower angles of attack.

This seems doesn't make sense.
Don't we usually use lower angles of attack at HIGHER airspeeds?

Its fairly consistent with higher airspeeds and usually diminishes during lower angles of attack.

This seems doesn't make sense.
Don't we usually use lower angles of attack at HIGHER airspeeds?

SLower meaning near approach speeds. Lower angle of attack and slower speed meaning on approach vs initial decent at 320kts

Latest resources

Back