EMB170/190 Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrickTop

What is that god awful groan and vibration heard and felt when sitting in first class especially 1F. Its fairly consistent with higher airspeeds and usually diminishes during lower angles of attack. The ERJ145 has similar airframe vibrations during cruise but nothing like the 170. Sounds like N1 vibrations and or an access panel open causing rough airflow over the fuselage. Sounds like some impending failure. Spooky.

What is that god awful groan and vibration heard and felt when sitting in first class especially 1F. Its fairly consistent with higher airspeeds and usually diminishes during lower angles of attack. The ERJ145 has similar airframe vibrations during cruise but nothing like the 170. Sounds like N1 vibrations and or an access panel open causing rough airflow over the fuselage. Sounds like some impending failure. Spooky.
I don't fly it, but I feel it, and hear it to

It's the passengers "groaning" at the reality of paying a full-fair ticket to have to sit in an RJ from Milwaukee to LA.

The "shuddering" is from the terror at seeing both pilots still wearing braces

First I've heard of that one.
One thing I do know is that the bird shakes more than my epileptic dog when you grab a handfull of the ************************* stick (Spoilers)
Not that I've ever had to do such a thing. Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge

We have terrible door seal (weather striping around door not actually the seal) vibrations on some aircraft. Ive flown the 145 and this airplane and never had anything like it on the 145's. Funny thing is that the striping is so necessary that maintanance just cuts it off and that is th fix. The plane does have alot more air noises than other planes Ive flown.

like the guy above, it is the door seal. any dirt in the area where the seal inflates causes a small gap (not big enough to cause any press problems) and thus the sound.

I've found that once the aircraft accelerates past .75 it goes away. This would suggest an airflow situation where maybe some part of the door seal is into the airstream but over the years the EMB company reps. say its a tiny pinhole caused by dirt between the door seal frame and the inflatable seal.

the best solution is to have mx come out and put that solvent stuff they have and clean around the door seal and it goes away.

It's the passengers "groaning" at the reality of paying a full-fair ticket to have to sit in an RJ from Milwaukee to LA.

The "shuddering" is from the terror at seeing both pilots still wearing braces

The ghosts of airline pilots Past, turning over in their graves as they see snot-nosed punks flying those planes for sh1t pay.

Hardy har har! You guys are hilarious.

I've never heard anything like that on the 190.

But it does shake like hell when you ask for full spoilers...turbulent air over the horizontal stab. Heavier the better...doesn't seem to shake as much then.

Latest resources

Back