Emb 170

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great cornholio said:
Yeah I know what you mean. I think its becasue the 170 "looks like mainline" and the 900 still "looks like an RJ". Or at least thats the best excuse I can come up with. The fact is they have almost 100 seats and are flying well over 1/2 way across the country. The only thing "regional" about these planes is the pay check.

I agree, what about the Dash 8-Q400? It has 70 seats.

since nobody else really answered about the CRJ200 it usually burns about 1350-1450 lbs/hr per side when you are at .74-.75 at altitude. If you fly a little faster....say .77-.79 you are usually burning about 1600 lbs/hr per side. The bad thing about the CRJ though is it takes you FOREVER to get up to altitude though.

Thanks for the stats asayankee. Speaking of Canadair, I belive I saw that they were coming up with a prototype with wing mounted engines also.

paulsalem said:
I agree, what about the Dash 8-Q400? It has 70 seats.

Same as the ATRs you see floating around. They are still turboprops so they go slower which means that they dont go as far and still generally end up staying in a region hence "regional" flights. These have always typically paid "regional" type pay rates. However flying a jet with almost 100 peeps in the back 1/2 across the country is not "regional" and was typically done by mainline and paid mainline payrates. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it

buffettck said:
That took no brain activity to write...

At least a little, to make my fingers move. What I meant by it to the poster who asked why, was that usually when you mention on this board that any type of RJ is the wave of the future, or at least a trendsetter as it was stated, you usually get jumped on like stink on poo.

Agreed Time Builder

Latest resources

Back