Emb 170

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

time builder

I've been watching Shuttle America's operation of EMB 170's and must say I'm impressed at the range and efficiency. One pilot told me they were burning about 3600 lbs/hr, which I believe is not much more than a 50 seat CRJ (any CRJ pilots out there to correct me?).

More interesting to me is their ability to go nearly coast to coast with 70 Pax. I think this could be the plane of the future, or maybe just a trend starter.

That took some balls to post that here

time builder said:
I've been watching Shuttle America's operation of EMB 170's and must say I'm impressed at the range and efficiency. One pilot told me they were burning about 3600 lbs/hr, which I believe is not much more than a 50 seat CRJ (any CRJ pilots out there to correct me?).

More interesting to me is their ability to go nearly coast to coast with 70 Pax. I think this could be the plane of the future, or maybe just a trend starter.

3600lb/hr is low. Maybe if your going right to fl410 and then crz at LRC only (not .78 or better) then a direct decent to the FAF and landing you might avg 3600lbs.

More like 4500lb.

It does not go coast to coast. 1900-2000nm with reserves. the longest leg I know of in the e170 so far is shuttle america JFK to Autsin, TX.

LearLove said:
3600lb/hr is low. Maybe if your going right to fl410 and then crz at LRC only (not .78 or better) then a direct decent to the FAF and landing you might avg 3600lbs.

More like 4500lb.

It does not go coast to coast. 1900-2000nm with reserves. the longest leg I know of in the e170 so far is shuttle america JFK to Autsin, TX.
I've seen SLC to Columbus, OH take 16000 or 17000 lbs on the fuel load.
Regardless, this is new territory for RJ's to have this kind of range and efficiency.

time builder said:
Regardless, this is new territory for RJ's to have this kind of range and efficiency.

Just because it says Embraer on the side doesn't mean it's a regional jet. That's a mgmt excuse to pay pilots poorly.

That's about 30% more fuel than the 50 seat Embraer.

The 145 will burn about 2400 lbs per hours in cruise at FL 370 and .76 mach. 30% more fuel for about 30% more seats.....makes sense I guess.

Latest resources

Back