• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, aai pilots who were swa poolies and not on SWA property when the merger was announced are now senior to where they were before? Crazy.

No, the long-time SWA poolies from 2008 are racked just below the AAI class that started indoc on 20 Sep 2010. After them, you will find the Oct, Nov, and Dec AAI classes, then the "next-gen" SWA new hires.

To clarify, we had AAI pilots in the SWA hiring pool who withdrew from the pool post announcement (rather than going to class at SWA), and are now higher on the combined list...

To clarify, we had AAI pilots in the SWA hiring pool who withdrew from the pool post announcement (rather than going to class at SWA), and are now higher on the combined list...

I don't blame them. That's what I would do.

"Probably one of the most self-defeating things ever uttered for the Pilot profession."

Yeah right up there with "Hey let's sue our new employer"

I don't blame them...they wanted to be at SWA over AAI and because of the deal got even better seniority for being at AAI...worked out well for them (not so much for the SWA poolies)...

Wasn't there a pilot or 2 that accepted class after the company pressured them to - and lost a LOT of seniority?

If so that's really messed up

What's the real deal on that?

Wasn't there a pilot or 2 that accepted class after the company pressured them to - and lost a LOT of seniority?

If so that's really messed up

What's the real deal on that?

Probably just rumor. The OAT folks in the May 2010 class or the 20 Sept 2010 class were put ahead of the poolies. The other AT classes were stapled to the bottom behind the majority of poolies which began class Jan-Mar 2011.

I find it very comical that some SWA pilots act like the poolies got royally screwed. They were not on the either property (payroll)...period, end of story. I guess you could say they had an opportunity to get hired at AT but chose not to or did not meet the requirements. Their own personal choices landed them in the spot they are in just the same as my choices. I am ahead of them on the SLI so I guess, my choices were smarter.:D

Phred

I guess you could say they had an opportunity to get hired at AT but chose not to or did not meet the requirements."

Once again, these were AAI pilots in a SWA hiring pool, who elected (I don't blame them) to leave the pool after the announcement was made to acq AAI and are higher on the MSL than they would have been if they went to class at SWA with their fellow poolies. The point illustrates that, pre-acq, SWA was a more desirable place to work for some AAI pilots then AAI (hence their decision to interview and be placed in a SWA hiring pool). An earlier poster stated that AAI was a desirable acq target for SWA, that is obvious, but what is also obvious is that some/many AAI pilots wanted jobs at SWA...that is what is truly comical, that AT/ALPA is sueing SWA for the -717 going away early but many of the "victims" felt they would have been better off at SWA pre acq announcement...the AAI jackwagons that undermined SL9 (supported by the career SWA bashers on this forum) play the "we got screwed because Gary lied" argument...what they won't admit is that they had seat/pay/base/furlough protections in SL9 that they rejected because they wanted more (DOH/Relative sen position on the combined list). Then they blinked when GK stated he might get rid of the -717 (or maybe the majority spoke).

I guess you could say they had an opportunity to get hired at AT but chose not to or did not meet the requirements."

Once again, these were AAI pilots in a SWA hiring pool, who elected (I don't blame them) to leave the pool after the announcement was made to acq AAI and are higher on the MSL than they would have been if they went to class at SWA with their fellow poolies. The point illustrates that, pre-acq, SWA was a more desirable place to work for some AAI pilots then AAI (hence their decision to interview and be placed in a SWA hiring pool). An earlier poster stated that AAI was a desirable acq target for SWA, that is obvious, but what is also obvious is that some/many AAI pilots wanted jobs at SWA...that is what is truly comical, that AT/ALPA is sueing SWA for the -717 going away early but many of the "victims" felt they would have been better off at SWA pre acq announcement...the AAI jackwagons that undermined SL9 (supported by the career SWA bashers on this forum) play the "we got screwed because Gary lied" argument...what they won't admit is that they had seat/pay/base/furlough protections in SL9 that they rejected because they wanted more (DOH/Relative sen position on the combined list). Then they blinked when GK stated he might get rid of the -717 (or maybe the majority spoke).

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000144/

Latest resources

Back