EGE question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LJ45,

Just got a call back from an inspector. He said all I have to do is put the request in writing and mail it in to the FSDO. I guess I'll do it, but who knows how long it'll take to get it back. At least I can drive over to pick it up if he approves it before Wednesday next week when we leave for Vegas. We might stop in EGE on the way back on Sat.

PM me if you want the inspectors name, FSDO number and FSDO address, if you want one too. Its always good to work with the same inspector, because you know how some do things and some won't.

I don't know if our POI would go for it being 135, In my case I would rather him do it. I might just send in a letter and give him some work :)

Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
I don't know if our POI would go for it being 135, In my case I would rather him do it. I might just send in a letter and give him some work :)

Thanks for the info :)

Add to that letter that others are getting approval letters from other FSDO's, according to what the tower supervisor at EGE said.

If anyone ever does find out why the notam is in exsistence.....a actualy reason given by the people that issued it......I would be very interested.

anyone every find out why?

Ege

Not to bring this thread back to life but we were given a trip to EGE next month and I followed the advice that was given on this thread and got a differant answer. Here's what the current answer I was given. After calling the FBO and being transfered to Airport Management Office this is what they told me. No waivers are being granted to land at EGE if you don't meet the B2 requirement you do so at your own risk. FAA cannot issue you a waiver because it was put in place by the airport. They then transfered me to the tower and he agreed with the Airport Management Office. I said I have noticed several aircraft landing(Flt Aware) that didn't meet the notam, his answer most are cancelling IFR and going in VFR. Is the way around he said no but the contoller's aren't getting airplane type that way and they are not staying very long and departing. I him told what we fly (Citation Vll) and we don't meet the requirements of the notam. We could come in at our own risk. They are getting quite a bit of inquires about the notam and it might be a matter of time before the FAA show's up. I asked him if we could get violated and his answer was most definitely. So it looks like Rifle or Aspen.

a

So back to the Lear 35....

Landing with legal fuel reserves only, puts the Vref below 120 kts. So is the 35 legal or not... And yes avbug, I am both deaf and dumb along with others apparently.

call the fisdo at aspen i am sure they would be a good source

And yes avbug, I am both deaf and dumb along with others apparently.

Clearly so.

That you can fly the LR35A at a lower speed is irrelevant. The ARC places the aircraft in a particular category, and the issue is the ARC...not how slow you can fly the aircraft or what the actual Vref might be.

Landing with legal fuel reserves only, puts the Vref below 120 kts. So is the 35 legal or not... And yes avbug, I am both deaf and dumb along with others apparently.

once again, your cat. is based on MAX CERTIFED landing weight, not actual. You are one cat. unless you have to circle at a higher speed, then you use the higher speed Cat.

Latest resources

Back