Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eeek...just heard GoJets is getting 6 more 700s with Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here we go again......thanks for the name calling, AGAIN. Anyway, the RJs won't go away all together, but the numbers overall will probably be reduced. And, if and when the legacies start hiring, the guys who aren't lifers with PIC will probably get hired first, but retirements will last years, and other RJ pilots will follow if they want. If not, the Regionals will likely stay around forever, but may not be as strong and powerful as they once were.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yawn....................

I was responding to another 'I got mine' mainliner wishing away peoples livlihoods by hoping all their jobs "close up tomorrow'! His words, not mine. All that stuff you say about everyone going to mainline and not all the jobs disappearing are NOT what he said he hoped for - much like you, Mr. Lee (There, no name calling dear Sir).

Yawn....................

I was responding to another 'I got mine' mainliner wishing away peoples livlihoods by hoping all their jobs "close up tomorrow'! His words, not mine. All that stuff you say about everyone going to mainline and not all the jobs disappearing are NOT what he said he hoped for - much like you, Mr. Lee (There, no name calling dear Sir).

UMMMM, WHAT? Thanks for NOT calling me names, AGAIN. If mainline hired, then any jobs lost to RJs going away anyways would hopefully be transfered to a GROWING mainline, right? A transfer to a better job. That is what I hope for. Retirements will happen at all of the legacies, and that will be good for you guys too. If you don't have the PIC now, you will finally get your chance as people get hired away. If you want to stay at shrinking regionals, then go ahead. That's the honest truth. No evil laugh on my end.

There is an interesting article about the Regionals and how they are transforming due to the changes in this industry. I think I saw it in the SLC tribune a couple days ago, but I can't seem to find it now and paste it. Any help out there?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Is general lee really Jenny Leigh, a woman, or is that just a play on words? I have a hard time believing a woman would have as many posts on an aviation forum. Only us silly men waste our time here! Women are smarter.

Is general lee really Jenny Leigh, a woman, or is that just a play on words? I have a hard time believing a woman would have as many posts on an aviation forum. Only us silly men waste our time here! Women are smarter.

No, I am not a woman. Remember, I am about a buck soaking wet, and 6'4". I look a lot like Learch. ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Yawn....................

No you weren't, you did not even read what I wrote then.

I work for an outsourced shop myself. I did not "get mine" yet. I am at a carrier that should not have the flying that it does.

For the third time, I'm not wishing people out of jobs -- what I am saying is, in a perfect world, I'd like to see all of the "Connection" and "Express" words scratched off CRJs and EMBs tonight, and have them all be mainline tomorrow, with the same workforce in the morning...being suddenly treated like they should have been all along in many different aspects including pay.

Go fu(k yourself co(ksucker!

Maybe I can lose my home and make my family move to a trailer court and eat beans and hot dogs everyday because you think my company should close up. Fu(k off a$$hole!

So, was it a good feeling taking a job while furloughed guys/gals were losing there homes and families. You could have said no. I hope Delta Pilots take all there flying back. We shall see.

Did I root for a pilot to lose his job? Could I help the economics of the situation? No. Did I vote to give up flying to get my own raise? No. But, if you find a post where I said, I hope those damn mainline pilots get furloughed so more RJ's go to the regionals then you can slam me the same. I have kids to feed, and put a roof over their head. Will maybe my company 'close shop' and I'll lose my house? Maybe. But, to publicly root for it is another thing. There are people that care for their families with this job, and not everyone will immediately just magically appear at mainline on the first class date.

Did I root for a pilot to lose his job? Could I help the economics of the situation? No. Did I vote to give up flying to get my own raise? No. But, if you find a post where I said, I hope those damn mainline pilots get furloughed so more RJ's go to the regionals then you can slam me the same. I have kids to feed, and put a roof over their head. Will maybe my company 'close shop' and I'll lose my house? Maybe. But, to publicly root for it is another thing. There are people that care for their families with this job, and not everyone will immediately just magically appear at mainline on the first class date.

I have NEVER said "I hope 79%N1 you lose your job." Never. I want less RJs out there and more mainline jobs.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So, was it a good feeling taking a job while furloughed guys/gals were losing there homes and families. You could have said no. I hope Delta Pilots take all there flying back. We shall see.
Did it feel good voting to allow your jobs to be outsourced? What did you buy with your
Green slip money?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back