Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eeek...just heard GoJets is getting 6 more 700s with Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have NEVER said "I hope 79%N1 you lose your job." Never. I want less RJs out there and more mainline jobs.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Originally Posted by DYLIN
The vendors flying outsourced airplanes are sad excuses for "airlines"; in fact, they are not airlines but just vendors.

They should not have existed in the first place. They are unnecessary and inferior.

I hope they all close up shop tomorrow.

I say that as an employee of that section of the industry.

It's not supposed to be like this; all outsourcing must go

This is the post I was responding to. If I hurt your feelings, I'm so sorry. Your posts are very similar, in that your wish to rid rj's means people will be out of work. If you are so magnanimous, why don't you start a campaign to get all rj pilots a number at Delta. That will be the ONLY way to end this. Take all the flying back, and staple the rj pilots with the planes. Then, as need picks up at mainline. Delta can shed rjs and have a steady supply of qualified pilots. Put your money where your mouth is! (Or are we rj pilots not good enought to work for the Big D????

Did I root for a pilot to lose his job? Could I help the economics of the situation? No. Did I vote to give up flying to get my own raise? No. But, if you find a post where I said, I hope those damn mainline pilots get furloughed so more RJ's go to the regionals then you can slam me the same. I have kids to feed, and put a roof over their head. Will maybe my company 'close shop' and I'll lose my house? Maybe. But, to publicly root for it is another thing. There are people that care for their families with this job, and not everyone will immediately just magically appear at mainline on the first class date.

For the fourth time, since you have major reading comprehension problems -- I am not publicly rooting for anyone to lose a job. I am publicly rooting for flying to shift back to mainline.

Did it feel good voting to allow your jobs to be outsourced? What did you buy with your
Green slip money?

It is kinda of hard to vote when you are on furlough while it was being voted on. I never voted to outsource any jobs by the way. I never will.

Last edited:
The vendors flying outsourced airplanes are sad excuses for "airlines"; in fact, they are not airlines but just vendors.

They should not have existed in the first place. They are unnecessary and inferior.

I hope they all close up shop tomorrow.

I say that as an employee of that section of the industry.

It's not supposed to be like this; all outsourcing must go.

And where do you think a fair amount of the hiring in the past 15 years has come from at the majors? Pilots just falling off trees?

Here we go again....... I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO LOSE JOBS. I would rather them be hired at a mainline carrier. I want fewer RJs flying out there, and more mainline jobs. RJs have proven to NOT be economical during periods with high fuel prices. You just can't fight that argument. I don't think RJs will ever totally leave the DCI fleet, but there are too many loss making 50 seaters out there. I haven't seen the TA for our group yet, but hope it promotes mainline growth. And stop with the flesh eating bacteria stuff. Way overboard.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Genital,
While I hate RJs even more than you, I have to fly one for a company that is considered one of the better ones(still a polished turd), I blame you and your brethren. Regionals were created by management, but allowed by labor(mainline), and that is why the flesh eating bacteria is too good for you, my choice would be Ebola. History has proven, you and your ilk will roll over, and take it in the tater for a nominal pay raise, and maintain the status quo no matter what as long as you get .20 per hour more. The reality of the situation is, your company would rather contract with my company for flying, you might ask why? We are cheaper, and what that really means is I cost less than you do, and receive less to do the same job. The future at Delta is outsourcing, ask any one at DGS, while you may say who cares if the ramp is outsourced? It is a snapshot of your future.

Genital,
While I hate RJs even more than you, I have to fly one for a company that is considered one of the better ones(still a polished turd), I blame you and your brethren. Regionals were created by management, but allowed by labor(mainline), and that is why the flesh eating bacteria is too good for you, my choice would be Ebola. History has proven, you and your ilk will roll over, and take it in the tater for a nominal pay raise, and maintain the status quo no matter what as long as you get .20 per hour more. The reality of the situation is, your company would rather contract with my company for flying, you might ask why? We are cheaper, and what that really means is I cost less than you do, and receive less to do the same job. The future at Delta is outsourcing, ask any one at DGS, while you may say who cares if the ramp is outsourced? It is a snapshot of your future.

You're right, you are cheap. That can't be matched by mainline, in the cockpit, cabin, or ramp. It would be foolish to try to recapture it, or even fly 76 seater at mainline, since we couldn't even get close to your lower costs. You're CHEAP feed....

So, instead, we focus on getting actual ratios that FAVOR mainline in the domestic flying, cap total 50, 70, and 76 seaters, tie them in to actual mainline growth (88 717s), and also fix even more important scope, the INTL joint ventures and code shares, including Alaska Airlines. Throw in a 19.5% raise over only 3 years, and better work rules, sick leave, and an early out program for very senior pilots, and it is looking very good.

You will have your choice to stay at SKW and be a lifer, or start over like everyone else and maybe climb the ladder quickly thanks to huge retirement numbers. It's up to you, but you can continue to wallow in your dissatisfaction, or move on with what is happening TODAY. This industry is changing, and putting ratios and caps on your part of the industry is the way of the future. Outsourcing is actually being controlled with this TA, even though more 76 seaters are involved, along with 150 50 seaters being removed for good. That's good for mainline pilots and mainline profits. Your move, pal.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back