Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eeek...just heard GoJets is getting 6 more 700s with Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right, you are cheap. That can't be matched by mainline, in the cockpit, cabin, or ramp. It would be foolish to try to recapture it, or even fly 76 seater at mainline, since we couldn't even get close to your lower costs. You're CHEAP feed....

Why CAN'T it be matched? Why CAN'T mainline use economies of scale by integrating the RJ operations, especially considering the RJ flown at mainline won't be seat-limited (read more profitable)? I hardly think that maintenance costs per airplane wouldn't be much lower as part of the huge Delta Tech Ops as opposed to at individual regional carriers. Same with crew costs, training costs etc.

Now, if mainline doesn't WANT TO match those costs, that's mainline's business, but I don't think lack of ability is the issue here.

But we both know people will lose their jobs! Pilots, FA's, mechanics, managers, and so on.....NOT EVERYBODY WILL HAVE A SPOT AT MAINLINE! So, out of respect for those people, keep your damn wishes to yourself, because nobody cares!

I suppose its different than wishing Mesa and GoJet guys out of work???

It's not the pilot salaries that have anything to do with why Delta outsources. How about the ability to cut back flying whenever they want. During slow times of the year Delta cuts back the regional feed by 20 percent. Since regionals do 50 percent of the domestic flying, there is the 10 percent reduction they need. Now, they don't have to pay pilots, maint., even outstations that are outsourced. Not saying I like it, but the absolute best way to control costs and the future of business in America. It has good points and bad points. Delta management had turned the airline around by operating in this way, but it is not great for mainline hiring. GL, I wish it were not true but Delta will continue to outsource. Read the fine print in that TA carefully, because I smell a rat. If it is not covered by scope it will be some sort of risk shared code agreement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back