Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eeek...just heard GoJets is getting 6 more 700s with Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where do you get your info about no spare 700's? As of just a few months ago the finishing line had a number of white tail 700's due to cancellations from buyers. Saw them myself, no second hand report.

Where do you get your info about no spare 700's? As of just a few months ago the finishing line had a number of white tail 700's due to cancellations from buyers. Saw them myself, no second hand report.

Well I guess there are spares now due to cancellations. I forget where nut I remember reading about a backlog of orders one the CR7 line

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Well I guess there are spares now due to cancellations. I forget where nut I remember reading about a backlog of orders one the CR7 line

With the possible exception of maybe two airframes (which I'm too lazy to look up at this moment) DCI is at the scope limitation for 700's. So unless these airframes are coming from a current 700 operator (which other than GoJet are: Comair, Skywest and ExpressJet), then this is a bogus rumor.

I wouldn't be shocked to see some of PNCL Corp 900s heading in that direction after the 1st of the year...They are on the way out as it is...This regional shuffleboard game is great if you are the guy with the stick directing the puck...Not so great for the rest of us...Not sure if that thing is called a "puck". So, I wanted to put in a disclaimer.

I wouldn't be shocked to see some of PNCL Corp 900s heading in that direction after the 1st of the year...They are on the way out as it is...This regional shuffleboard game is great if you are the guy with the stick directing the puck...Not so great for the rest of us...Not sure if that thing is called a "puck". So, I wanted to put in a disclaimer.

IMO, GoJet only stands a chance in bids if a mainline carrier owns the planes and just needs crew and maintenance. Since Bombardier owns the planes after PNCL returns them I highly doubt GoJet can get the financing deal Skywest Inc can get.

This is where I would give US Airways some credit,they have never realy done too much of this.

The DALPA TA will be presented later this week....my guess is that Momma Delta wants more big RJ"s.....
The big question is,...will DAL pilots vote for more scope ?

The DALPA TA will be presented later this week....my guess is that Momma Delta wants more big RJ"s.....
The big question is,...will DAL pilots vote for more scope ?

Do you mean more or additional 76 seaters? I can see the company wanting to ask for them, but I would think (and have heard) that it could be tied into some ratio form, with a major reduction in 50 seaters (that were likely going away anyway due to economics) in exchange for additional 76 seaters. Supposedly Delta is on the "hook" for 50 seat leases for a few more years, and they are of course not money makers. So, the rub would be we will increase the "ratio" of mainline flying compared to current levels in favor of mainline, and the RJ manufacturers will decrease the lease payments on those remaining 50 seaters in exchange for a limited number of new 76 seaters. If this doesn't happen, Delta could still park the 50 seaters if very uneconomical, but the leases would still have to be paid.

So, is it better to bring down the TOTAL number of RJs (ratio of flying increases towards mainline) while giving Delta the ability to add let's say 40 more 76 seaters (could be more, I don't know the numbers), or would it be better to keep the money losing 50 seaters and have more RJs in total? I personally would like mainline to fly any additional 76 seaters, but I don't know the economics and I don't know if that was offered or not. (I would think it would be)

I'll have to wait to see the TA to make a decision, but I would right now like to see the total number of RJs decrease in a big way, and I am not willing to vote YES on anything with larger RJs (more than 76 seats) for DCI.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back