• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eclipse 500 Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The job being offered is not full time. Basically they want me to fly the aircraft to the site where the team, including me, would be doing some work. It is in the Southeast and I would only charge them for the time in the aircraft. I would not be on call nor would I be babysitting the other pilot. He actually has a few thousand hours in the King Air so I think he'll be okay. In a nutshell they hired me as an outside consultant for the firm and said, "by the way would you like to fly the Eclipse too?" Sounds like fun to me but I'm a professional and have to be paid if I lay my ticket on the line. Thanks for the discussion so far.

Hmmm...interesting....

I think I would proceed with caution. First, you're a hired-gun to do a specific task, your consult gig...and then you're thinking of adding in the 'professional pilot' gig on the same trip.

I don't think you would necessarily want to mix the two....

...might be fun until...

it's a 0400 wake up
0500 show
preflight and flight planning with $hitty weather...thunderstorms...etc...
2 hour flight in that crap...
work 10 hrs
then do it all over again for the way home....except the storms are bigger because it's now really hot! You did say the southeast, right?

A professional pilot needs to be just that the days they go to work. And the folks paying the bills should recognize and respect that.

If it were me in the back, that's how I'm running things...

ymmv

not to start an argument, but i still babysit some of my fo's who have over 1000 hours.

I'm not surprised. My captain buddies at the regionals tell me the same thing.

Latest resources

Back