Eclipse 500 Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

DayJet is advertising for Eclipse capts at $50K, but the bennies/schedule are really good (every weekend off, and home in base every night), so for a comparable salary at a normal job the pay would have to be higher.

cliff
YIP

The job being offered is not full time. Basically they want me to fly the aircraft to the site where the team, including me, would be doing some work. It is in the Southeast and I would only charge them for the time in the aircraft. I would not be on call nor would I be babysitting the other pilot. He actually has a few thousand hours in the King Air so I think he'll be okay. In a nutshell they hired me as an outside consultant for the firm and said, "by the way would you like to fly the Eclipse too?" Sounds like fun to me but I'm a professional and have to be paid if I lay my ticket on the line. Thanks for the discussion so far.

jumppilot said:
How dangerous can they be? You paint doom and gloom.

What about the 500 hour pilots in the flight levels?

I have a feeling the insurance companies will take care of that

Miami--I'd say the daily rate should be in the $400-$500 range, especially with your experience. (Whether your experience is relevent or not, I'd play that card to the hilt! ;) )

In corporate, if you touch the airplane, you get the daily rate--trip length doesn't matter. Good luck and remember: you flare at 5 feet, not 100 feet. ;) TC

I can imagine the first time I land a small plane in a few years. The mantra would be "flare at 5, flare at 5". Thanks for the input. I agree, a few hundred per leg at least. I'd be saving them a bundle on their insurance due to my time.

Eclipse

AA717; In Europe we are thinking the rate should be 800$ per day.....

I am also looking at providing a mentoring package for VLJ's.

Miami Freight; 5ft is a big surprise......

Bumz

Last edited:
atpcliff said:
Hi!

DayJet is advertising for Eclipse capts at $50K, but the bennies/schedule are really good (every weekend off, and home in base every night), so for a comparable salary at a normal job the pay would have to be higher.

cliff
YIP

How can every CA be at home every weekend? If so, are you done at midnight Fri night and back at it Monday at 6 AM? The devil's in the details. Interesting to see how it really pans out. Management has a way of spinning things.

atpcliff said:
Yeah, that will last :rolleyes: - until a customer wants to fly somewhere Saturday morning and someone else wants to return on Sunday. Nope, passengers never want to do that. Or fly at night.

While I admire their goal, it's just not realistic in an air taxi type of business.

Latest resources

Back