• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eating on a budget during a trip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never get sodas or drinks when I go out to eat... 1.50 for a glass of pop...wtf.

I just get water with lemon.

Wankel

Edit....

Eh, this thread was old:(

What ever happened to the good ole days when all you needed to take with was a full flask of your favorite beverage just in case some FA would come over to your room for a little party? What have we become?

What ever happened to the good old days when people never considered per diem as part of their compensation package and actually went out to find a restaurant for a halfway healthy meal ???? Gee whiz people, what a pathetic thread...:eek:

h25b said:
At least we've figured out the backpack mystery...:erm:

I can tell you this...the fact people dressed up with backpacks on look like tools...is no mystery to me:)

Wankel

BenderGonzales said:
<<fade in on Jimmy walking through the terminal. He is wearing a uniform of sorts. He is carrying his hat, listening to his IPod, with his backpack tossed over his shoulder. His hair is frosted at the tips and he chews gum as he strolls through the terminal. He see's "RJ" - the Comair mascot up ahead, and thinks of how cool it is to fly for an airline with a big, fuzzy, talking, RJ for a mascot.>>

Add to this the fact that Jimmy can't afford to eat...:rolleyes:

Every time someone tells me that they are paid $20/hr. plus per diem I want to punch 'em in the nose.

Last edited:
I love that standard regional / fractional pilot answer "with perdiem I make..."

jeeesus...get back in your room and heat up that can of soup in the bathroom coffee maker..and forget that soda. water is free..

WTF guys? This is freakin hilarious!!! (actually sad)

Gulfstream 200 said:
I love that standard regional / fractional pilot answer "with perdiem I make..."

jeeesus...get back in your room and heat up that can of soup in the bathroom coffee maker..and forget that soda. water is free..

WTF guys? This is freakin hilarious!!! (actually sad)
I get it, you are better/smarter than us. No need to keep saying it over and over again!

I have a good friend that was hired on at a GIV operator, $60k to start and they typed him right off the bat. On call 14 days/month. Paid hotel, meals, etc. An awesome job. CA pay starts around $170k, upgrade time unknown.

Sad thing is he ended up there because he was fired from his regional gig while still in the sim :).

~wheelsup

h25b said:
What ever happened to the good old days when people never considered per diem as part of their compensation package and actually went out to find a restaurant for a halfway healthy meal ???? Gee whiz people, what a pathetic thread...:eek:

What ever happened to descent salaries for an airline pilot? Lets see..most places..over a 25% pay cut in the last few years. And pay at a regional is ridiculously embarrassing. That'll make anyone have the need to pinch the pennies and rely on that per diem. SO while your sitting there eating you steak dinner on your 12th day in a row away from home at your charter job...we'll be sitting at home (thanks to a schedule) enjoying the dinner we just bought with the pennies we saved from our per diem.

Latest resources

Back