Earnings call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhhhh.........no

They sent me a check for moving expenses a few years ago. I never changed bases. I called them and emailed them 5-6 times about it and finally gave up. In the last Email, I told them that I had done my due diligence and that it was the last time I would be trying to give it back. I'm not gonna beg.

I still have it sitting in savings in case they find their mistake someday.

Meanwhile we're broke and there's no accountability for anyone over at the GO.

They sent me a check for moving expenses a few years ago. I never changed bases. I called them and emailed them 5-6 times about it and finally gave up. In the last Email, I told them that I had done my due diligence and that it was the last time I would be trying to give it back. I'm not gonna beg.

I still have it sitting in savings in case they find their mistake someday.

Meanwhile we're broke and there's no accountability for anyone over at the GO.

I'm surprised they didn't take it out of your paycheck. SEVERAL on the ERJ side have had deductions taken for previous overpayments.

I'm surprised they didn't take it out of your paycheck. SEVERAL on the ERJ side have had deductions taken for previous overpayments.

Several years ago, there was an ASA pilot that was getting paid a rate 1 year ahead of where he was in seniority. Pay roll finally caught the glitch and went after the pilot. I think the guy owed 10k or better in overpayed wages. He kept the cash and resigned.

Not pilot related, but company related. Just talked to inflight recruiter and they cant find flight attendants either. In fact, last class had 24 quit before graduating. Thats awesome!

Wake Up Mr Holt! The depth of the crap has far exceeded the tops of your boots!

Not pilot related, but company related. Just talked to inflight recruiter and they cant find flight attendants either. In fact, last class had 24 quit before graduating. Thats awesome!

Your going to Blame Brad for that?

Your going to Blame Brad for that?
That seems reasonable. If FA candidates show up for class, that means they have already agreed to work for the lousy compensation. If they quit before completing class, that means that something happened in the class that made them feel the deal was no longer worth it. That is a failure of leadership--a compelling leader would make them MORE eager, not less, to begin their new career.

Sure, some may have had no clue what being a FA entailed, but I'd wager that far more just wouldn't put up with the belittling personal treatment that our FAs are given. I know some people really need to be told that the company won't put up with any nonsense, but I do feel there is much room for improvement in human relations here.

Sometimes better opportunities and jobs come along and people move on to greener pastures! The airline/aviation industry either competes with other industries for the few resources and personnel or fall to the wayside. Next victim please.

He's just a puppet. The strings are being pulled by St. George. Everyone knows that.

That seems reasonable. If FA candidates show up for class, that means they have already agreed to work for the lousy compensation. If they quit before completing class, that means that something happened in the class that made them feel the deal was no longer worth it. That is a failure of leadership--a compelling leader would make them MORE eager, not less, to begin their new career.

Sure, some may have had no clue what being a FA entailed, but I'd wager that far more just wouldn't put up with the belittling personal treatment that our FAs are given. I know some people really need to be told that the company won't put up with any nonsense, but I do feel there is much room for improvement in human relations here.

Every new hire flight attendant I've flown with said FA training was the worst experience of their life. I am not a bit surprised that 24 FAs quit with the way they are treated like animals during training.

Whatever they are doing out there on the Skywest side, especially when it comes to recruiting, they are doing it right and need to implement it over here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back