• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Earnings call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Weird how all this "weather" mostly affects the Expressjet operation and no other regionals....I wonder why?

I was just thinking the same thing! Why is every other airline (Skywest included) able to rebound, but we are not. I also get the impression management sees this year's winter weather as a one off phenomenon. I see this as the norm, and I see the need to fix an ineffective method of dealing with IROPS.

don't worry, Nevets will be here to explain this all soon.....

What is there to explain? XJT and ASA were both losing money and then Skywest decided to buy XJT and merge it with ASA. So now the two merged airlines are losing money. I don't care if we are losing money anyway. I'm just curious to see how long they let this go before something is done about it.

What is there to explain? XJT and ASA were both losing money and then Skywest decided to buy XJT and merge it with ASA. So now the two merged airlines are losing money. I don't care if we are losing money anyway. I'm just curious to see how long they let this go before something is done about it.

There's a reason it's called SkyWest, Inc. and not ExpressJet, Inc. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the end game.

There's a reason it's called SkyWest, Inc. and not ExpressJet, Inc. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the end game.

Uh, you don't say? I don't know why it would be called Skywest Inc when it was Skywest Inc that bought ExpressJet Holdings. That doesn't make any sense at all!

Uh, you don't say? I don't know why it would be called Skywest Inc when it was Skywest Inc that bought ExpressJet Holdings. That doesn't make any sense at all!

Your attempt to defuse my point by trying to make a lame one of your own has failed miserably.

Your attempt to defuse my point by trying to make a lame one of your own has failed miserably.

You are trying to make a point of the obvious. We all know that Skywest bought ASA and then bought XJT and them merged ASA and XJT together. No one expected Skywest to rename themselves after any of that.

I'm just curious to see how long they let this go before something is done about it.

I wont repeat my point again, but I'll add this to it. Who's to say there hasn't been a plan since Day 1? You'd be a fool to think this is all being made up as they go.

I wont repeat my point again, but I'll add this to it. Who's to say there hasn't been a plan since Day 1? You'd be a fool to think this is all being made up as they go.

Who is to say? I don't know but I didnt say there wasn't. Did you?

Weird how all this "weather" mostly affects the Expressjet operation and no other regionals....I wonder why?

I was just thinking the same thing! Why is every other airline (Skywest included) able to rebound, but we are not. I also get the impression management sees this year's winter weather as a one off phenomenon. I see this as the norm, and I see the need to fix an ineffective method of dealing with IROPS.

Republic has a similar base structure to L-XJT let's see how their earning report looks.

But I due agree, ever since United starting spreading the L-XJT flying all across the country, especially DEN, they are far from optimized, especially during IROPs

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back