• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Earning extra cash on the road... How?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your airplane has catering and you are not wanting to get caught you can skim off the top on soft drinks.

Now set up shop in the lobby, or on the street corner. Soft drinks and pretzels for half price. This is your hook, now you lay down the trap for Amway.

If they diss you on the Amway, you still have the sale of the soft drinks.

You could hold a tip jar as you stand in the cockpit doorway during deplaning.

Or, take up aerial photography. Put up ads in the cities you fly into, and if anyone asks about the low-altitude circling, tell them ATC's radar was down so you had to fly the full procedure.

Eagle,

I like the tip jar idea man! I buy a cup of coffee, juice, cookie, you name it, and the high school kid working there has a tip jar, for what, getting me a cookie!!?

When flying as a 121 pax, I'd be happy to throw a few bux into a cockpit tip jar after a really nice landing, ahead-of-schedule arrival, or just keeping the pax informed of what was going on in the flight and being a nice crew - yeah!!

I don't mean this to be a condescending thing at all - I just think pilots (given the state of things) should get spare $$ before the kid working at the coffee shop.

Latest resources

Back