Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

speedwings

Kids are overrated...
Hello all. I'm about to be hit with another student loan coming to full maturity and I really need a way to make additional money when I am on the road. It's doesn't have to make me much money, just something to give me a boost at the end of the month. For example, I just got off a 4 day trip where I sat in the hotel room the 2nd and 3rd day. Before that, I flew a 15 day trip where I actually flew 9 of the 15 and again, the rest sitting in the hotel room.

What's out there? What are you guys doing on your down time at home, or on the road? I'm very lucky to have a flying job right now, but I didn't get a much needed raise a few months ago and I'm hurting.

Thanks!

JW

One likely option is a dot.com. You can manage it while your away if you have a laptop.

You could find everything you own that you don't really need and sell it on ebay.

Sell the following items from your hotel room on E-Bay

- Towels
- Batteries from remote control
- Lightbulbs
- Coffee
- Soap, lotion, mouthwash (you can make nice gift baskets)
- Toilet Paper

If you really want to earn some cash when you first check in call room service right away and tell them the TV is missing. These usually fetch $25-$50 a piece on E-Bay and the missing TV will be charged back to the last pilot who stayed there.

Best of luck

I personally think the prostitution thing is a winner. I mean, the company is already paying for the hotel room so anything you make is pure profit.

Become a pimp. You get to wear cool clothes and wear lots of cheap jewelry. You could pimp out your FA if applicable, or just the guy who flies in the seat next to you.

I just thought of another one...

You could do what Sylvester Stallone did in his movie, "Over the Top." Arm-wrestle for money. You could even rig up a weigh-lifting device in the cockpit so you could train in-flight. Just a thought! :D

there is two choices...

One...pray for a miracle....like winning the lottery or getting into an incident, where you can get yourself a big settlement worth millions of dollars in a civil court judgement.

Or Two...hope that in your next life that you pick an avocation that once you start it, that you can make enough money while doing it, to pay your student loans on the wages of such an avocation.

Latest resources

Back