• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Earn More Pay Working Fewer Hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeahhhhhh..........I'm gonna have to ask you to go ahead and come in on Sun-day too.......

Industry: Transportation and material moving
31. Aircraft pilots, copilots and flight engineers
Hours/week: 22.3
Hours/year: 1,161
Earnings/year: $127,501

The moron that actually compiled those numbers on airline pilots should be strung up but not until after he's beaten to a pulp!! Its obvious those hours are based on block hours which amount to half of the actual hours a pilot would spend on the job. So it is more like 44 hours and 2300. And I don't know where he is getting the salary figure from because that is certainly wrong. Only Captains at a legacy may be able to pull off nearly 130 grand. These morons seem to forget that FO's are pilots as well and no FO will come anywhere near that. Except for the slugs flying widebodies 1 leg a day transcon or overseas and doing maybe 10-12 legs a month. A regional pilot will do more legs in just 1 sequence and be paid a quarter of what mainline FO's will earn.

. And I don't know where he is getting the salary figure from because that is certainly wrong. Only Captains at a legacy may be able to pull off nearly 130 grand.

There are captains at ASA "pulling off nearly 130 grand"..... I suspect there are some at "GASP" Skywest too.......

There are captains at ASA "pulling off nearly 130 grand"..... I suspect there are some at "GASP" Skywest too.......

You are doing an injustice when you say things like that. No one can reasonably expect to earn that much at a regional or even as an fo at a legacy. The guy in which you speak probably works days off, vacation, etc. I bet hes putting in 250 hours of duty a month. Hourly rate x 1000 and that is all a normal human being who does not have "machine" dna can expect. 20-35 grand for an fo and 60-90 for a captain, lets be reasonable.

And I just checked ASA's pay and the CA's you speak of are no doubt at the top of the scale meaning 18+ years with the company and maybe some IOE captains who may get an extra 10 bucks an hour. And who makes it 18 years at a regional?? Guys with every screw loose imaginable, thats who. A normal human being would be long gone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back