Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

touchngo

Found on MSN today:

Let’s cut to the chase: People like money – a lot of it. Logistically, people have to work to make money. But unfortunately, people (generally) don’t like working. It’s quite the predicament – but it doesn’t have to be.

Employed people worked an average of eight hours per weekday, according to the 2006 American Time Use Survey, conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Also in 2006, the median annual income per civilian was $37,037, according to the BLS.

So what? Based on those numbers, the average full-time employee works 40 hours per week, or 2,080 hours annually, and earns $19.29 per hour, or $37,037 per year.

Here’s the kicker: There are jobs in every industry that allow you to either earn more than $37,037 annually, to work fewer than 40 hours per week or better yet, do both. It may not be much fewer – 35 hours or even 38 – but in the end, those add up to much fewer than the average 2,080 hours per year.**

For example, counselors work an average of 38.3 hours each week and earn an average of $43,507 annually. That’s only 1,834 hours per year – 246 hours fewer than the average 2,080. That’s 246 extra hours to spend with your family, travel, exercise or just relax.

Here are 33 jobs that let you log fewer than 40 hours per week, yet earn more than the average worker.

Industry: Transportation and material moving
31. Aircraft pilots, copilots and flight engineers
Hours/week: 22.3
Hours/year: 1,161
Earnings/year: $127,501

22.3 hours per week seems like a lot. I don't think I actually do more than 10 hours of "work" per week.

"I just sit at my desk and space out".
"Space out"?
"Yeah. I just sit at my desk and stare. But it looks like I'm working. I'd say I only really do about 15 minutes of real work in a day".

Good evening Sir, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.

Latest resources

Back