• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle to Furlough Hundreds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems that AE recognizes the ATR as a fuel efficient airplane...

Anyone at Delta think the same way?
??? Can someone explain this?

Just a year and a half ago they were bringing the SAABs out of the desert because of the money they made (being fuel efficient turboprops and all)

Why take them and the ATR away?

Seems like it's opening a financial wound further

Yes, I can tell that you immediately realized your lack of competence. That's why you spelled the other word so poorly.

Honestly, I've seen quite a few "their", "there", and "they're" errors, and even some "lose" and "loose" mistakes, so much that they're unfortunately common place. We've even had some "definately" errors (definitely) and some "congradulations" (congratulations). I've done both of them myself.

I've NEVER seen anyone spell "regards" wrong.

Didn't you refer to me as "stupid and you don't really understand what is going on"?:confused: Take a hard look in the mirror, junior, and be on "guard".:D

You forgot my favorite: "Priviledge" !!

Just a year and a half ago they were bringing the SAABs out of the desert because of the money they made (being fuel efficient turboprops and all)

Are those ATRs leased or are they owned by AMR?

The SAABs were coming out of the desert because it was quicker and cheaper to add capacity that way.

They're not inefficient turboprops, they're inefficient for turboprops based on the limited seating capacity compared to the ATR.

I think the transfer of ATRs to DFW has as much to do with reducing SJU flying in response to AA capacity reductions in the Carribbean. The spare airplanes will replace the SAAB 1 for 1 and allow a given capacity to be operated with fewer A/C and crews.

Are those ATRs leased or are they owned by AMR?

Owned, I believe.

However, they are all on the Executive certificate. While the pilots/FAs are each on one respective list, the Executive FAs are not trained on Eagl A/C and Eagle FAs are not trained on the ATR. I've heard there are issues with MX from one certificate working on A/C of the other.

Since we're hijacking this thread I'll throw in my personal favorite: asking for "advise" on a subject. That one really grinds on me for some reason.

By the way, shouldn't you spell it Asa since you spell it Skywest?

Actually, no. Asa (AY-sah) is the first name of the founder of the Coca-Cola Company, Mr. Asa Griggs Candler. The first name "Asa" is of Hebrew origin and was actually the 3rd king of Judah. The company name "ASA" (or A.S.A. if you will, pronounced AY-ES-AY) is made of the first initials of each word in the company's legal name, which is "Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc." Unfortunately, the term "ASA" can be commonly confused with numerous other organizations, such as the Autism Society of America, the American Softball Association, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, etc.

Es ist mir scheißegal how you wish to punctuate SkyWest. There, I fixed it. Happy?

How does it feel to be constantly picked on during recess just because you were idiotic enough to open your mouth where it didn't belong? I'm sure it's something you're used to.

Next.

Good luck to all of my friends who are still at the Beagle. From what I have heard from them is that the 35-40 RJs will be coming from TSA and Chicken Taco first, then the Saabs at Eagle, most seem to think that there will not be any furloughs based on how under staffed they are. Not sure how you came up with hundreds to be furloughed.

Latest resources

Back