• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle to Furlough Hundreds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is every thread about how much Skywest sucks? I bet most of you wish you were at Skywest then any of the other regionals right now.

Looks like you made a good decision to move from AE to EK.

How in the f'ing world does a thread titled "Eagle to Furlough Hundreds" descend into another ASA v SkyWest thread in just two pages?

Get over yourselves! We're all gonna get screwed in the next twelve months anyway!

It's pretty simple, actually. XPOOPIE quoted one of my posts with a remark that sounded like I was guilty of what he was attempting to point out. I misunderstood it and asked for an explanation or some type of clarification.

His response was:

I shouldn't even have to explain this to you, but....

Quite a few of you are unsure which word to use, and when, on almost a daily basis. I was insinuating that this should be a prerequisite for being hired and was meant purely in jest.

Although his post was "purely in jest", it seemed as if he were placing me into his "category", simply by what he wrote at the beginning of his post.

He then responded:

Its because you are stupid and you don't really understand what is going on. Move along, son, you bother me.

Now he's my buddy. Buddies don't let buddies post alone.

A simple explanation would have been just fine. It's kind of the right thing to do when someone else doesn't understand the intent. He decided to open his mouth extremely wide (which I hear he has done many times and also has sores on his knees), so now I listen to him as much as possible.

All he needs to do is admit he went overboard, and I'll leave him alone. He won't, so I'll stick around.

Clear as mud?

Last edited:
So did they really furlough hundreds?

So did they really furlough hundreds?

Not even one, thankfully. Lots of guys on voluntary leave.

In fact, at the moment, the only statuses that are "fat" on staffing are Dallas and Chicago EMB-FO only. Every other bid status is fairly lean.

New bid came out recently with about a half dozen Dallas EMB-CA displacements and a whopping 44 Dallas EMB-FO displacements.

Thankfully, there will be a net of 15 upgrades due to vacanies in New York.

Glad to hear it, good news for the guys at Eagle. So I guess the original poster was just talking out of his as$.

Glad to hear it, good news for the guys at Eagle. So I guess the original poster was just talking out of his as$.

Kind of a bitter-sweet type thing I guess. Lots of guys in Dallas are going to have their lives flipped over, but, then again, everyone gets to keep their jobs.

Back in the late spring 200+ furloughs were not out of the question. I think for once the company had a little foresight and realized that had they furloughed, the GFY rate during recalls would have been damm near 100%, just as the rest of the regionals start hiring as well.

Kind of a bitter-sweet type thing I guess. Lots of guys in Dallas are going to have their lives flipped over, but, then again, everyone gets to keep their jobs.

Back in the late spring 200+ furloughs were not out of the question. I think for once the company had a little foresight and realized that had they furloughed, the GFY rate during recalls would have been damm near 100%, just as the rest of the regionals start hiring as well.

Actually late spring is when everyone stopped hiring. It's just amazing how now they are fat on FOs in DFW and ORD, great job of planning. That was the whole reason they hired 350 hour pilots earlier this year, they had like 150 vacancies in each ORD and DFW.

I was at four bases in during my time thankfully on the same a/c (1999-2005 up/down up/down but at least I was number 1 for a while). Some friends at the time flew all 4 types. Could be worse.

Latest resources

Back