Eagle Scope Arbitration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingDawg

Overheard some Eagle pilots talking and one stated that the scope arbitration was lost. Is this fact or fiction? If this is true does anyone know details as to why?

It's true. We lost.
We'll shrink while they grow TSA/CHQ.
I keep thinking it can't get worse, yet it does.

amaineiac said:
It's true. We lost.
We'll shrink while they grow TSA/CHQ.
I keep thinking it can't get worse, yet it does.

To all of you at Eagle. I'm truly sorry that you lost this battle. Those of us on the outside of this fight, that have contract carriers in our own back yards as well, were really hopeing you would win. Do you think you guys might get some better lawyers and try again? Or does the loss of this battle mean you'll give up the war?

Look, Eagle guys and gals... I hate to burst your bubble of pity, but get off our backs here in STL. I don't know about TSA, but CHQ is *NOT* growing at Eagle's expense. All of our growth is for Delta Connection, not for *American* Connection in STL.

Stop ragging us for growing at your expense. We're not.

What will be your argument when you strart flying thru DFW, ORD or one of our other hubs ?

To all : This only involves the STL operation.

Most likely AMR will now try to "push the envelope" with new feeders for AA in current Eagle hubs.

Many are saying all hell will break loose when that happens.

That hasn't happened, has it?

Therefore, predictions on what my argument will be are pointless at this moment in time.

Stick to the issue at hand. CHQ is not growing at Eagle's expense. *PERIOD* **EXCLAMATION POINT** Dismissed!

Skull-One said:
Look, Eagle guys and gals... I hate to burst your bubble of pity, but get off our backs here in STL. I don't know about TSA, but CHQ is *NOT* growing at Eagle's expense. All of our growth is for Delta Connection, not for *American* Connection in STL.

Stop ragging us for growing at your expense. We're not.

So CHQ is growing at Comair's/ ASA's expense... I feel much better now.

I work at a company that codes with DAL, so I understand your perspective, but don't try to belittle the Eagle pilots into thinking y'all are innocent. If you've expanded because of contract flying you do at American or Delta, you've grown at someone else's expense. Don't deny it.

So have we, but I don't deny it. I hope one day if it has a DAL/AMR/NWA/USAIR paintjob on the plane it will be flown by a DAL/AMR/NWA/USAIR pilot. The integration will be ugly, but in the long run it will be worth it. DAL is competing with people like Comair who is competing with people like ACA who is competing with people like Chatauqua who is competing with people like Mesa. It's a tough battle to fight separately, but we could do a lot together.

Excuse me, but how are we growing at Comair or anyone else's expense? Comair continues to grow on its own and has no contractual scope language to prevent CHQ from adding airplanes for DAL. Nor does ASA to my knowledge. At their expense? Hardly.

There are two valid arguments:

1) The fine folks at Comair priced themselves out of the market because of their wage rates.

2) It was not economically feasible for Comair to operate a second type of airplane to do its Orlando flying when another company already had said equipment.

Whatever. The point is, CHQ offered a product that was competitive and got a contract. This was not done at anyone's "expense." Comair and ASA did not lose pilots because CHQ came in. Eagle did not lose, and is NOT *losing*, pilots because of CHQ.

Sorry, but that dog won't hunt...

I'm sorry,

but to fly the same class of a/c and say that dog won't hunt is absolute BS.

Simple fact is CMR closed a base and y'all took it, much like we took some of the flying out of CVG. Yeah CMR might in the short term get different flying, but the end result is that they have grown less than they would have if we weren't flying for DAL. I've seen your operation and comairs and I don't believe you offer a superior product, just cheaper.

You may have been pulled in because they needed CMR's RJs somewhere else immediately, but the end result is all the flying you're doing out of MCO should be CMRs like it was originally and I hope they get it back. If DAL wants to fly you out of MCO they should f'ing buy you and integrate you into CMR or ASA (which should be together in the first place). I wouldn't mind if they do the same with ACA, to be honest.

I fly for ACA and I feel the same way, so spare me any "you don't know what it's like" comments. I know we're (ACA the corporate entity) ripping off CMR and ASA by contracting with DAL. Like you, I'm just a pilot, and there's nothing I can do about it, other than try work my ass off to get a real contract that makes me on par with my professional peers to continue to improve this profession.

Fact is, you were chosen not because of your superior product (if you think so you're on crack), but only you are cheaper. That's it. You're hurting the industry and everyone else that follows in your footsteps, just so you can make barely $50/hr to fly a jungle jet.

On Edit: I loved Robotech as a kid. Sull-one was da man.. roy fokker, right?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back