Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Pilots...Are U charged when riding w/ Mainline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
If you deadhead on AA Mainline or AE there is no charge.
If you deadhead on another carrier there is no charge.

What is so "funny" about that?
I'm not sure what nerve I hit, but I was just trying to help answer this guy's question. You seem to have the answers, but all you're doing is attacking me for the use of incorrect terminology. And no, it's not actually funny that there are no charges on other carriers. Actually, it sucks. Thus the quotation marks.

How's this? (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

You are a Beagle pilot and:
  • You list yourself for a flight on Eagle - you pay
  • You list yourself for a flight on AA - you pay
  • You list yourself for a flight on Eagle or AA and there are no seats available in back and the captain agrees to let you occupy the JUMPSEAT - you don't pay
  • You sit in the jumpseat of an Eagle or AA flight even though there are available seats in back - you pay
  • You ask to jumpseat on another carrier and you end up sitting in the back OR in an actual jumpseat - you don't pay

Burt Reynolds said:
I'm not sure what nerve I hit, but I was just trying to help answer this guy's question.

I am not attacking you. You are just giving this guy incorrect information and/or terminology that is only going to confuse him.

Burt Reynolds said:
You seem to have the answers, but all you're doing is attacking me for the use of incorrect terminology.

I do have the answers becuase I flew for AA for 3 years and non-reved/jumpseated quite a bit. I know how it works. Furthermore, incorrect terminology has gotten people killed in this line of work. Correct terminology/phraseology is kinda important.

Burt Reynolds said:
And no, it's not actually funny that there are no charges on other carriers. Actually, it sucks. Thus the quotation marks.

Ok, I will state this one more time becuase it's obvious that you still dont understand me.

If you jumpseat on AA or AE you are charged NOTHING.
If you jumpseat on another carrier you are charged NOTHING.

Why you don't understand this very simple concept is very strange to me.

Burt Reynolds said:
How's this? (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Ok, lets go through this line by line.

Burt Reynolds said:
You are a Beagle pilot and:

Ok, we have established that.

Burt Reynolds said:
You list yourself for a flight on Eagle - you pay

Yes, becuase you are non reving using a D2 pass. You are not jumpseating.

Burt Reynolds said:
You list yourself for a flight on AA - you pay

Yes, again becuase you are non reving using a D2 pass. You are not jumpseating.

Burt Reynolds said:
You list yourself for a flight on Eagle or AA and there are no seats available in back and the captain agrees to let you occupy the JUMPSEAT - you don't pay

Correct becuase you are now jumpseating. You are not using a D2 pass. Thus you are not non reving. You are considered a part of the crew.

Burt Reynolds said:
You sit in the jumpseat of an Eagle or AA flight even though there are available seats in back - you pay

First of all post 9/11 that is against company policy. If there are seats in the back you are required to take a seat and then you will be charged a D2 non rev pass becuase you are not jumpseating. Unless you are a Check Airman/Fed you are required to sit in the back with empty seats.

Burt Reynolds said:
You ask to jumpseat on another carrier and you end up sitting in the back OR in an actual jumpseat - you don't pay

Thats becuase you are not non reving. You are considered a part of the crew. You are jumpseating. However, since there is room in the back you must take the seat.

I will take it one step further to see if you can somehow understand this concept.

What can you do if say you go to a Delta Mainline gate and ask for the jumpseat. Until recently Delta's policy was to only allow one jumpseater per jumpseat. So, you arrive at the gate and a SWA pilot has already signed up for the jumpseat. What can you do? You can't take the jumpseat becuase it is already taken. However the gate agent states that there are seats in the back.

Well you can pull out an ID-90 that you purchased way back when and use that. Now you are considered a non rev passenger and can get where you need to go. Are you going to start complaining about ID-90 charges next?

You are comparing apples to oranges here. It's really not all that complicated.

First of all post 9/11 that is against company policy. If there are seats in the back you are required to take a seat and then you will be charged a D2 non rev pass becuase you are not jumpseating. Unless you are a Check Airman/Fed you are required to sit in the back with empty seats.
I stand corrected, I'm not sure why you'd want to do that anyway.

Anyway dueguard, hopefully your questions have been answered.

I apologize in advance if my use of incorrect terminology gets you killed while non-reving. haha (that means that I'm joking)

What if you want to fly on a partner flight internationally? AA does partner flights with Qantas clear to Western AUD. Can you fly for same rate on partner flights?

Burt Reynolds said:
I'm not sure what nerve I hit, but I was just trying to help answer this guy's question. You seem to have the answers, but all you're doing is attacking me for the use of incorrect terminology. And no, it's not actually funny that there are no charges on other carriers. Actually, it sucks. Thus the quotation marks.

Dont worry about him, Just read his profile..S-80 AArrogant Furlough FO.....just another primAAdona...:)

PacoPollo said:
Dont worry about him, Just read his profile..S-80 AArrogant Furlough FO.....just another primAAdona...:)

Still bitter about your lot in life I see. For someone who claims to have never flown for or doesn't fly for AE you sure do hate the APA pilots.

What is the root cause of your bitter jealousy?

American Connection??

Last time I checked, the connection carriers don't charge ANY jumpseater ("any" would be including eagle or mainline pilots) to ride in the back. So please explain why we should be charged by another carrier with whom we have a reciprocal agreement?
I agree, it sucks that AA charges you guys, but this is a corporate problem, not a problem involving any other pilot group.

Let me see if I can get this straight.

Jumpseating in it self is free for Eagle pilots on AA/AE, but you if you use a pass, then you pay the nominal fee ?

That being said, say you wanna go from DFW-LGA, on your own personal business to see family. Why not just jumpseat for free on this route rather than use D2 and pay the fee ?

Latest resources

Back