Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Pilots...Are U charged when riding w/ Mainline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Eagle Pilots..Are you charged any thing when you catch a ride w/ Mainline?
Also...............how does it work if you want to go international?.....Pilots w/ other Regionals..let me know what kind of fees you incur when getting aboard your mainline Partner?

Yes, unless your deadheading and then it's on the company. The "funny" thing though is that if you jumpseat on another carrier, then there's no charge. :( But, of course you have no solid idea of whether you'll be able to get on that flight. At least when you list, you can check online to see how many seats are booked, how many are ahead of you, etc.

The charge is based on how many miles the trip is and the class of service. As an example, a trip from Dallas to Chicago in coach costs me about $11 each way. If I were to upgrade to first class, it's about $20. So, it's not exactly free, but still not bad. Same applies to international. I think that some countries also charge some taxes upon exit, but I don't know for sure because I haven't gone anywhere international.

Ironically, with all the great travel benefits, I still can't afford to go anywhere or more importantly, do anything once I get there. haha haha sniff sniff :crying:

After 5 years w/ the company, domestic travel is free and after 25 (if you plan on retiring here) international travel is free.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Burt Reynolds said:
The "funny" thing though is that if you deadhead on another carrier, then there's no charge.

If you deadhead on AA Mainline or AE there is no charge.
If you deadhead on another carrier there is no charge.

What is so "funny" about that?

Last edited:
Burt Reynolds said:
sorry, I meant jumpseat..., but I surmise that you already knew that...

If you jumpseat on AA there is no charge so I still dont know what you are talking about.

Dangerkitty said:
If you jumpseat on AA there is no charge so I still dont know what you are talking about.

Can you jumpseat even if there are seats available in the back? if so, you'd never have to pay....

Atccfi said:
Can you jumpseat even if there are seats available in the back? if so, you'd never have to pay....

No, if there is a seat in the back then you have to take it and will be charged the D2 price for miles traveled. The only way to get the jumpseat is to have all seats filled.

Dangerkitty said:
No, if there is a seat in the back then you have to take it and will be charged the D2 price for miles traveled. The only way to get the jumpseat is to have all seats filled.

Well, there goes my brilliant solution to solving non-rev charges....it just seemed so easy....:D

Atccfi said:
Well, there goes my brilliant solution to solving non-rev charges....it just seemed so easy....:D

Well, you can always pray for full flights and no other commuters from your home airport. Personally I would rather have empty flights that I knew I was going to get on and pay the $7.75 I used to pay for the commute. The mental stress can get old if you are worried about getting to work.

Either that or move to where you are based. I finally couldn't take commuting anymore and I moved to DFW. Best decision I ever made. The job is alot less stressful when you dont have to worry about commuting before or after your trip.

Latest resources

Back