• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EAGLE MINS DROP to 800/100

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are plenty of qualified people out there but don't meet their recency requirement. I know a couple. They'd rather go with a CFI that's flown the pattern 800 hours rather than someone with real pt121 experience.
Agreed. They won't take the guy that failed a PC 9 yrs ago in an airbus that is now furloughed and needs a job. Rather its better to take the cfi kid with no experience and no busted rides. That's safer right?? Oh well, its only eagle

Agreed. They won't take the guy that failed a PC 9 yrs ago in an airbus that is now furloughed and needs a job. Rather its better to take the cfi kid with no experience and no busted rides. That's safer right?? Oh well, its only eagle

The problem is what qualified guy wants to work for what they could make as a cashier at Home Depot with no commute or any other of the B.S that goes with it.

Despite all that is said on this topic, there will be pilots applying to regional airlines. In this economy, it's better to have a crappy job than no job at all. That's especially true considering that Congress is always debating whether or not to extend unemployment benefits.

Despite all that is said on this topic, there will be pilots applying to regional airlines. In this economy, it's better to have a crappy job than no job at all. That's especially true considering that Congress is always debating whether or not to extend unemployment benefits.

Debating? If 3 years of unemployment benefits isn't long enough, maybe they should just make them permanent for eternity?!

There are plenty of qualified people out there but don't meet their recency requirement. I know a couple. They'd rather go with a CFI that's flown the pattern 800 hours rather than someone with real pt121 experience.

Agree. flown with both and 121 are the worst.

Not only that. I've heard they won't touch you with an incident on your record whether you were at fault or not. That would leave me out.

Eagle cant find people?
Some eagle captains are going to AA soon because of the flowthru. These eagle guys are going to AA while there are still real AA pilots on the streets.

I guess mgmt figures they can train the 800 hour punk and at least get 3-4 years out of them before they are competitive enough to be hired at a better airline.

There's not a captain I know that wants to babysit some 800 hour wonder all month.

800 hour pilots don't belong on an airliner yet, IMO. They should pay their dues and go to the airlines after they earn their ATP. (instruct, ferry, banners, single pilot freight, etc...)

I guess mgmt figures they can train the 800 hour punk and at least get 3-4 years out of them before they are competitive enough to be hired at a better airline.
)

That Makes sense I guess that's why Eagle got that Hitler Youth nickname. Theid rather mold fresh meat than someone with prior experience that will leave as soon as Skywest or Republic hires.

Latest resources

Back