Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
Just in case you didn't hear it already, the hiring mins at Eagle are down to 800TT/100ME w/250PIC

Just in case you didn't hear it already, the hiring mins at Eagle are down to 800TT/100ME w/250PIC

When do the new FAA min hiring hours kick in? I hope sooner than later...Eagle management doesn't, though.

Bye Bye---General Lee

....so they are ALMOST back to 2007 hiring mins right?

What was it back then....700/100?

Don't remember.

In 2010 I learned that congressional hearings and all that rhetoric coming out of DC is nothing but an elaborately staged performance or presentation designed to sway and convince people without actually changing one single thing.

Why is anyone surprised? No one is stupid enough to enter this career anymore. Thank God! And banks won't lend money to people making financially stupid career moves. I guess the new banking rules are helping after all.

Lousy pay, resigning recall rights, and the regional airline life in general. I'll pass......

Scraping the bottom of the barrel. With the benefits and pay at the regional airlines, it's not a shock when they can't find qualified applicants to apply. So the natural thing to do is lower the "qualifications".

No wonder new student pilot starts are at an all time low. Who in their right mind would want to start out in this crap-hole career?

This will make it easier to pass cabotage, then foreigners can do ALL our flying.

There are plenty of qualified people out there but don't meet their recency requirement. I know a couple. They'd rather go with a CFI that's flown the pattern 800 hours rather than someone with real pt121 experience.

Latest resources

Back