• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Jet International and Ameriflight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously the folks that run that flight school must know less about their business than you do with your vast amount of experience.
When I was flight instructing if I really didn't like the way a place was being run I went and worked for their competition. Have you ever thought about simply going to work somewhere else or is there nothing within commuting distance of Mommy's house?

checkrunning will upgrade you to a twin after flying their singles for a while. My company requires nothing more than a fresh multi ticket to fly Barons, but you have fly 210s for a year first.

WMUSIGPI said:
but if I can sit there for free and learn more about turbine flying I'll take ya up on it.

See, now this is bull$hit. Sit there for free?? You want to learn about turbines? Buy a book. You offer services, you get paid. It's the core of being a professional pilot - you get paid. Private pilots pay for time.

There are plenty of opportunities out there. There are jobs out there too, but like people said.... takes moving away.

Don't be a chickensh%t about flying cargo. There are plenty of opportunities flying checks everywhere and alls ya need is the flight time (1200TT) and a bare multi rating. I, like jon210, got into a twin flying checks with low low multi time (I had 8 hours). So quit your b*tching, go get yourself a checkhauling job, pay your dues, and learn the system.

Hey Sigmagay-

Cry me a river. Comfortable has nothing to do with it. Those rules are in place to create a safe training environment, a concept you're obviously not interested in.

Something you may want to think about - maybe you should've picked something other than your email address for your handle in case your boss reads your posts.

I'm done wasting my keystrokes now. I'm out.

this isn't my email address and I have already told my boss what I think of the way things are being run. So nothing I have said here he hasn't heard from me in person.
as for hauling cargo, I'd love to, I have applied to a lot of cargo and charter but in most cases I don't even get a reply. I am still waiting to even get a shot at an interview. I have applied to companies that start out with the piper lance, saratoga and even tried getting a job flying local charter in a 182 in Seattle (other side of the country from me). I'd move tomorrow if I had a job to move to. I can't afford to move and hope I pick a place I can eventually find a job. I have a mountain of loans just like all of you that have graduated college. I can't be completely out of work hoping I get lucky especially in this economy. Be happy you are still getting those student loans to fund your Wayside Wednesdays, and Waldos Thursdays and wherever else you guys booze it up every week. It's no fun when you are done and it's time to pay them back, even less fun when you are told you can't do what you get paid to do to make the money to pay them back.
You want me to cheer at night like every one else when the forcast calls for temp 5mi vis an hour and a half after I would get back from a x/c so we can't go, then put me on salary so I don't have to care that my bills won't be paid. Until that happens or the rules change, I am going to keep b!tchin because it's bullsh!t.
I have better things to do at night than hope the rules work out that I can have an excuse to ditch my students for the bar!

I wouldn't call you back either if you just sent me your resume. Do follow-up calls, do a road trip, e-mail, etc. Not even in good times would 135 people just call you off a resume - you had to show initiative.

WMUSIGPI said:
When I show up on a beautiful morning to find out my student can't go on thier checkride because it's "too cold" I am going to speak up.

I remember that morning. It was almost -23 degrees Celsius ambient, aside from the wind chill. Besides the fact that those kind of temperatures are hard on aircraft that aren't preheated (pistons at least,) I wouldn't give you a snowballs chance in hell of surviving if you were forced down in that weather. I'm sure you wouldn't have had all the proper survival equipment for that sort of contingency let alone the knowledge how to survive in this kind of weather. Maybe the school just may be looking out for your safety since you can't seem to do that let alone your students.

ok last post for this one that has gone way off topic. If it was so dangerous to fly why didn't the airport ops close down.... my God if my car had broken down on the way there I could have froze to death... then we shouldn't fly when the temp is above 85 cause we could get heat stroke since there is no air conditioning in the planes. as for preheat, quoting the dir. of safety "we have heated hangers so we shouldn't need to do preheats or pull the prop through to loosen the oil" As for being too dangerous to fly in the cold. How do pilots in Canada and Alaska manage in much colder temps than we ever see here?
Maybe I should have gone into management since I am apparantly the only one here that looks not only at safety but practicality and money too. There is a balance to flying that none of you seems to be understanding. Sure risk needs to be minimized but it comes at a price. Yes I do have personal minimums for both personal and instructional flying. For me I won't try to do long flights in potential icing. Maybe a quick climb to on top under certain conditions, but repeadly shooting approaches in snowshowers while being vectored in the clouds or flying a cross country with numerous reports of icing around I don't do. On the other hand if it is clear and calm winds I'll fly when it's 30 below zero. How much are you willing to pay? Personally I feel less safe driving to and from work than I do flying a cross country with a student reguardless of weather conditions.
I know I took a wrong career path. one of many bad choices I have made, I am human. I have never claimed to be a great teacher. I don't have the personality for the job. I chose it because 3 years ago it was the quickest way to get to an airline. Had I known what I know now I would have taken a different intro flying job or gone to a different training school to be trained. Unfortunately we are all stuck where we are til the economy and airlines straighten out. So while I am here I will do what I think will give my students and myself the best chance of overall sucess.

For all of you telling be to suck it up, take it in the @ss and pay your dues, Remenber that when you are at a regional airline whining about being underpaid and demanding big pay raises with more days off, with threats of a strike. Do you want me to support you or tell you to suck it up, take it in the @ss and pay your dues like you tell me? This is how I earn my living for now, all I am asking is let me earn it.

WMUSIGPI said:
If it was so dangerous to fly why didn't the airport ops close down.... I do have personal minimums for both personal and instructional flying. For me I won't try to do long flights in potential icing.

The airport didn't close down because the rest of the airport operates by their own rules. When was the last time you heard of a Falcon 900 or Lear 45 ditching? And when was the last time a single engine recip ditched?? Get the idea? Probably not.

So you're saying you're willing to fly short flights in ice. I think the regs prohibit that (at least last time I checked... yesterday) seeing as how none of the aircraft you fly are equipped for known ice. It doesn't surprise me that the same guy that takes off into thunderstorms doesn't mind a little ice.

Think about what you're saying. You're just proving to the world how incompetent and ignorant you truly are.

hey embdrvr

For a while when times were good for pilots a guy with Gulfstream or Eagle Jet background could slip through the cracks and get hired by a quality regional. They way things are now everyone is very picky about who gets called for an interview much less getting a job offer. Noone in the hiring department is under any pressure to fill classes. There are 100 times more applicants than positions and filling a class is easy to do. If you go through a program like Eagle Jet or Gulfstream many of us will not have much respect for you and do whatever we can to keep you from getting in the door.

hey bud...do "US" a favor and do not refer to " WE" in your statments. just a reminder that you do not speak for the entire regional pilot population.

j

Latest resources

Back