Eagle Jet International and Ameriflight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WMUSIGPI

I bet this experince makes you wish that you majored in something diferent and flew on the side. Kinda been nice to have something to fall back on. You should apply to some 135 freight compnaies, such as: Airnet, Royal Air, Air now, Wiggins, Air Cargo Carriers, Mountain Air Cargo, Skyway, Murray Aviation, Kalitta Air Charter, Flightstar, Texstar, IBA, Grandaire, Cherry Air, Ameristar, Usa Jet, Air Tahoma, Flight Express, Indy Aero....and list goes on good luck.

P.S. find an air charter guide
CW

I have sent resumes to almost every company you listed there (a couple I didn't meet all requirements) and many more you haven't but I never hear back. I have used email, snail mail, and even personally walked a few in when on x/c trips though I don't like doing this in front of my students. And yes every time I see my dad he keeps reminding me that he could have gotten me a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good job at GM before he retired and I could be making enough by now to buy my own plane. But I never had an interest in electricity, I loved flying, though even that is changing.

Persistance pays my son. Don't take no for an answer. Keep trying. That's what it's all about - PERSISTANCE. Believe me, if you meet the requirements, you'll get hired.

Try e-mailing a resume, then make a follow-up call and make sure they received it. Then, call them again in a week or so and make sure they still have it, and inquire about when they may be hiring. Believe me, most Part 135 employers like to see persistance.

Ok, well I wasn't going to pipe in on this one. However WMUSIGPI works at the same place I do. Its amazing how you can read people by just what they type. I think some of you have this SIGPI figured out, I unfortunately have to hear his whining almost daily. So to you like Hopeful and Embdrvr thanks for "enlightening" our friend here. The only reason I am wasting MY keystrokes is the fact that SIGPI is now taking his whining to Internet-scale proportiions and nobody should be submitted to that. And the other reason is that he is giving my workplace a bad rap. (It's like every other place nowadays-stagnant). I too have my MEI, and I too could have gotten a 100K job out of college, because hey my DAD works for the auto industry too. Come to think of it my MOM too, not in the auto industry. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. But you know what I love flying, even if is with primary students(RIGHT RUDDER, RIGHT RUDDER!). All the MEIs at our school deserve their positions by working for it and waiting for their chance at it. They are there for a reason. My day will come too. My thoughts thats all.

Anti-PFT and ANTI-Whine

Ohh one more thing...Typical day sitting in my cubicle
WMUSIGPI Student-" Have you seen _____(WMUSIGPI) around?"
Any CFI within hearing distance-"NO, luckily not"

SennaP1 said:
And the other reason is that he is giving my workplace a bad rap. (It's like every other place nowadays-stagnant).

Senna,
I didn't assume that the rest of the CFI's at Western Mich U were all whiners. Sounds like you have a good attitude and that you're someone who will weather this storm by continuing to work towards your goal and when the economy turns around you'll be in a perfect position to take advantage of it. With any luck maybe you can get on with a regional before then. There are still some CFI's that get hired even though the market is flooded with people with 121 experience. Airlines like a little diversity in the work force and CFI's are a bit more moldable than people from other carriers.
Oh and it's actually a good thing that you have a whiny coworker. You'll get stuck in a cockpit for a month with a whiner. You're getting some good prep.

My point was that there are more excuses and reasons not to fly around here than I can keep track of, I have students on deadlines to get out of school and can't afford to keep being blocked at every step. Obviously there has to be limits to everything and I understand that but what I don't like is the two faced way everything is presented around there. We claim to be a professional pilot school turning out professional pilots. But how many have shot an actual instrument approach to minimums or anywhere close to minimums.... none unless they went out to rent a plane on their own. How many of your students would you trust to fly into Detroit Metro or Chicago O'hare by themselves? How many times has your "lead" bothered to get back to you in a timely manner about those "thresholds" on the timesheets? How many 100+ hour to private pilots are in the program right now.
I am still amazed that we can now fly IFR at night (even if at higher minimums) and would bet that if it weren't for having to change a/c allocations we still wouldn't be allowed to.
When I show up on a beautiful morning to find out my student can't go on thier checkride because it's "too cold" I am going to speak up. True it probably won't do any good but not saying anything sure won't do any good, and in this job sitting back and not saying anything to something that is perceived as wrong has gotten a lot of people killed.

As for the multi issue, I never said that the ones teaching in the twins didn't deserve or earn it. I do think that, like most other schools, everyone after a certain number of dual given or months of seniority should be able to teach in them. I think especially now it could be a good way to keep instructors motivated. There has been a lot of grumbling (not just from me) about lack of turnover of multi instructors and multi time. And no I am not saying to not let the current multi instructors keep flying them just spread the opportunities around some more. Besides they are swamped right now anyway.

I try to push things around here to get stuff done maybe a little too hard sometimes. But flying is how I eat and as long as that is the case I need to push especially this time of year because this is my job and I don't get an allowance from mom and dad. Put me on salary and I'll be happy to just sit around and go to meetings just like all the other salaried people there and never say another word.

I thought about buying a merlin. For $16,000 I will let you ride around in it. You will have to sit in the right seat an not touch the controls of course, but I will let you talk on the radio at the uncontrolled fields and put the gear up on occasion.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Let me know if you are interested.

Roughneck, you may want to make him pay you an extra $25,000 just to put up with his whiney, snivelly, crybaby attitide. Maybe more.

One more thing.

Sigmagay, the only excuses are yours. Certain restrictions exist to ensure a safe training environment. If you don't like them, go find a nice FBO that doesn't give a crap about you or your students. Why should your student get special treatment because it's below weather minimums?? Noone else gets to bypass the rules, not even the checkrides. The MEIs don't seem too swamped to me. Kept busy, yes. Swamped, no. It also helps your paycheck to show up to work before 2pm on nice, flyable days. Not to mention the effect on your students' progress.

So, my final words of wisdom: if you weren't always crying about EVERYTHING, maybe someone would listen if you ever had a valid point.

I never said my students should get special treatment I said that it should be at the judgement of the instructor. If you don't want to take any of your students flying when it's cold or the celing is 500' then don't but don't take the option away from me because you aren't comfortable with it. I don't think anyone should ever fly if they aren't comfortable with the conditions. But I also don't think that because you are uncomfortable, I have to be too.
As for the "swamped MEI" that was word for word from one of them.
And I would show up before 2 if I could get a Mooney to fly before then... or at all. But I am not going to show up there hoping to drum up a flight anymore.
And lay off the name calling, I haven't been bad-mouthing you, don't start with me.

As for Roughneck. That's more than I do now. Not interested in paying for more work but if I can sit there for free and learn more about turbine flying I'll take ya up on it. If you are an MEI and want to train me toward a type rating then I'll pay up.

Latest resources

Back