• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Hiring Plans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know what "chief pilot" you heard from (there are 7, 1 for each domicile). If you heard from "someone" higher up, you've been snookered. Most all Eagle pilots are used to the sea of crapola shoveled our way. But you keep beleving what you hear. Certain people are counting on clueless hopefuls like yourself.

BTW, We have a "flow-thru" agreement with AA ! BWAA, HAAA, HAAA, HAAA !

I really don't know much about AE, but was wondering. Does AA have any plans to spin-off AE to get out of the scope clause like CAL seems to have done with COEX? Alos, I was talking to a student from Comair in MCO a few weeks ago and asked her about Comair's spin on the lay-offs. She acted like she had never heard of such a thing. These flight schools must have Slick-Willies spin doctors working for them.

So far not 1 person has been recalled to Eagle. As others have stated, there are 304 on furlough. Whoever it was (was it Ed Criner? I wouldn't trust that guy for anything) that said "100 on furlough" is definitely blowing smoke. True, many will not be coming back, but there is no way he can know the actual number who are not. No one really does. Also, the company even seems reluctant to recall, even when there is a shortage of F/Os in many bases.

Alos, I was talking to a student from Comair in MCO a few weeks ago and asked her about Comair's spin on the lay-offs. She acted like she had never heard of such a thing.

If you are referring to Comair furloughes, there are none. They are hiring and expanding. Something unfamiliar to us AMR Eagle types.

I should have been more clear. I was talking about furloughes in the industry. This student I was talking to seemed to still think that 1000tt and 100multi would be competive to get a job. I have heard of pilots with thousands of hrs, multiple types and gobs of jet time who can't find work. This goes back to the smoke these "professional" flight schools are blowing these days. I hope we get back to the days of wine and roses in the near future. I think the people at these schools need to be more honest with the students and be professional. Then again we are talking about lots of money. You know how the saying goes. Sorry about getting off the subject of the thread, and I know this has been hacked to death, but my .02.

CAL's spin-off of COEX will not change their SCOPE clause (It did effectively kill their flow-thru). Should AMR decide to spin-off Eagle it also would not change the APA Scope clause. In addition it will not alter the flow-thru. However until AA begins to hire again, the flow-thru is non-existant.

The situation is bad at Eagle. I am one of the ones who very well may return anyway. na265 is correct when he says that 1000/100 doesn't cut it anymore. Unfortunately, those of us who were hired shortly after hitting the 1000/100 mark are having trouble finding greener pasutres,so waiting for Eagle may be the only option. I'm spamming my resume like there's no tomorrow, and I'm lucky to get a "no-thanks" postcard.

If you're at a pilot factory and they're still telling you that there is a job for you as soon as you graduate, they're full of B.S. They were mostly full of BS BEFORE 9/11.

Hammertime, I've seen the list of furloughees and there are still 304 names on it. Whoever spoke you may have estimated that only 100 are actually planning on returning, but he has no way to know that. Spend some time on this board and learn the situation. Don't beleive what the money-grubbing pilot factories tell you.

Latest resources

Back