Eagle Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No Bonus

I posted once already. Are any of you furloghed Eagle guy's pissed about not getting your bonus checks? We flew and earned the money. I am ready to go after them to get the small sum that I am owed. I am trying to support a wife and three kids on "UE" for the last seven months. I will never go back there, and I don't wan't to give them a pass on my tab. We should try to group together and secure what we are due.

SkyWest

For those interested in SkyWest, I recently exchanged emails with their Manager of Crew Resources. This was shortly after the Canadair strike was resolved (mid May I think?). I hope the writer of this email doesn't mind me passing along the information:

"Right now, we are trying to assess our hiring needs for the remainder of the year. Due to the strike with Canadair, we have had a set back. We will be meeting in the next few weeks to try and determine what that set back means for us.....I have been
interviewing the last few weeks and just so you are aware, the applicants I have been interviewing are coming in with 2000-3000+ hours.....some of which have experience in the aircraft we fly. I say this not to discourage you but only to prepare you for what might be a bit of a wait. (don't ask me to define "a bit of a wait"!) It could be a month or two or it could be longer....I am just letting you know realistically where you stand. I do not intend to interview again either way until late June or July."

I hope that's helpful. From the little experience I've had with SkyWest over the past 1.5 years, double whatever time frame they tell you and you'll be close to what actually happens (2-3 months ends up being 5 or 6 months).

eaglefly said:
Dear Monkey - You seem to be a very confused chimp. Should all furloughed AA pilot come to Eagle and do more flying it WOULD NOT end the ASM cap. In order for the ASM cap to end ALL furloughed mainline pilots would have to be recalled to mainline, earning mainline wages and working under the greenbook. APA has not AND WILL NOT agree to anything else. There are no "proposals on the table" that APA condones or accepts regarding your misguided ramblings.

Ah crap you got me....ok I'm not completely accurate. Give me a break that was almost a half year ago, at which point I still remembered how to fly.here is what it said.....................................Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:34:21 -0600
Subject: APA Information Hotline January 17, 2002

APA INFORMATION HOTLINE
This is Gregg Overman, APA Director of Communications, with the
APA Information Hotline for Thursday, January 17.
The following is the text of a news release that APA issued this
afternoon:
The Allied Pilots Association (APA), which serves as collective
bargaining agent for the 11,000 pilots of American Airlines,
today presented a proposal to American Airlines that is designed
to address management's stated need to preserve commuter feed to
American Airlines and keep the carrier's recovery going strong.
"This proposal addresses the needs of all parties," stated
Captain John Darrah, APA President. "While AMR Corporation has
stated that they will have to furlough American Eagle employees
if APA does not agree to their demands, our proposal will
preserve American Airlines, TWA LLC, and American Eagle jobs
while enabling American Airlines to continue its recovery."
According to Darrah, APA's proposal consists of a phased approach
that would return all flying to American Airlines, thereby
removing the primary job-security issue in the minds of American
Airlines' pilots: the outsourcing of American Airlines' flying.
Phase One consists of all 70-seat Regional Jets being flown by
American Airlines pilots.
This would prevent American Eagle from reaching the contractual
cap on Regional Jets. This step would also reduce the likelihood
that management will trigger the available-seat-mile (ASM) and
block-hour limits in effect on American Eagle's operations while
any American Airlines pilots are on furlough.
"Recalling American Airlines and TWA LLC pilots to fly these
70-seat Regional Jets will hasten the removal of this cap on
American Eagle," said Darrah.
Phase Two calls for AMR Corporation to exchange their 44-seat
Regional Jet orders for 50-seat Regional Jets and have them
delivered to and flown by American Airlines. Once all American
Airlines and TWA LLC pilots are recalled, American Eagle pilots
would rapidly flow-through to these new American Airlines jobs.
Phase Three would consist of the transfer of all other flying to
American Airlines, with the remaining American Eagle pilots also
transferring to the mainline carrier to perform the flying.
"To permit AMR Corporation to grow American Eagle at the expense
of American Airlines so AMR can feed Delta Airlines in California
and build an Eagle hub in Raleigh-Durham would result in further
outsourcing of our flying. That would be a huge disservice to
our pilots, particularly when 595 of them are currently
furloughed," he said. "If CEO Don Carty truly intends for
American Airlines to be the world's premier airline, he should
join the Allied Pilots Association in an effort to resolve the
commuter feed issue once and for all."
That is the complete text of the news release. We will update
this hotline as events warrant. Thanks for calling.

eaglefly said:

You appear to be a TSA guy looking to stir the pot. Sadly some Eagle guys will nibble at your bait. For now, please continue to enjoy your turboprop, as even if the scope grievance fails, from what I understand all new "connection" jets will go to your friends at Chautauqua. :p

Don't quit your day job chief. Your not a great detective. Why don't you give me your name so we can make sure to help you out when you flow over or do you still need to interview?

The Chimp said: "Don't quit your day job chief. Your not a great detective. Why don't you give me your name so we can make sure to help you out when you flow over or do you still need to interview?"

Hey buddy just wanted to inform you that judging by the flight times that I see from my fellow eagle pilots on this thread that none here will flow over. I doubt a newhire like yourself can "help out" any of our flow thru's that have triple your experience. It sounds as though as you are a bit resentful of the 600 + eagle pilots (there and with numbers) that are more senior then you. poor chimp

Airline Pilot27 said:

Hey buddy just wanted to inform you that judging by the flight times that I see from my fellow eagle pilots on this thread that none here will flow over. I doubt a newhire like yourself can "help out" any of our flow thru's that have triple your experience. It sounds as though as you are a bit resentful of the 600 + eagle pilots (there and with numbers) that are more senior then you. poor chimp

Too stupid to see the sarcasm? I'm sorry, you probably need your weather disseminated into plain language also. Not jealous at all, I've got a number at AA do you?

PS...let me know if you need help understanding this post also.

Poor Chimp said "Too stupid to see the sarcasm? I'm sorry, you probably need your weather disseminated into plain language also. Not jealous at all, I've got a number at AA do you?

PS...let me know if you need help understanding this post also."

I think I touched a sensitve subject with our friend the chimp. Actually, I do see the sarcasm in your post as you failed to notice. That is precisely why I was prompted to respond to your pathetic innuendo. But then again I am sure you are used to failure.

have fun at home depot:p

Gee chimp, maybe you could post YOUR name so I can help you out when YOU do a walkaround for ME. I expect a lot from my F/O's you know. :D

Airline Pilot27 said:
But then again I am sure you are used to failure.

have fun at home depot:p

Not used to failure but the word rolled right off your tongue. Buy the time I had 4000 hours I was already a Captain at ACA. You know you really need to get that PIC time so you can get on with a major. Oh, I'm sorry maybe you failed upgrade training. Once you break the 30k a year mark then you can call someone else a failure....until then go F$@k yourself.

eaglefly said:
Gee chimp, maybe you could post YOUR name so I can help you out when YOU do a walkaround for ME. I expect a lot from my F/O's you know. :D

It's already posted on the AA seniority list, how about yours?

Latest resources

Back