Eagle Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
April 16th class here...

Wow, over a year. That's depressing. Having a lot of trouble finding other jobs out there. I was told recently by another regional that is hiring that they would interview me immediately since I have 121 time, but won't right now because I do not currently have a flying job. Of course, my lack of funds precludes me doing much flying on my own, so it is tough just to maintain instrument currency. Anybody else feeling depressed out there? This sucks. Yeah I'll go back because at the moment I have no other options. Assuming I am called back, I am only staying around long enough to get competetive to apply to a better airline.

Hey now

Fedupilot or whatever the name is, is right. This was not a ASM question, but while you brought it up Mr. FLYnMonkeys, how if the arbitration sorts itself out would anymore Eagle guys be on furlough? And who do you work for? You can PM me if you wish.

Anyone out there been given a good reason why we were not paid our bonus for last year? We earned the money just like everyone else and should be paid regardless. I believe a large number of us will never return (I won't). Maybe a CLASS ACTION is in order to get what we are due.

Re: Hey now

skippy22 said:
Fedupilot or whatever the name is, is right. This was not a ASM question, but while you brought it up Mr. FLYnMonkeys, how if the arbitration sorts itself out would anymore Eagle guys be on furlough? And who do you work for? You can PM me if you wish.

Note my last post in which I quoted feduppilot. He refered to the ASM Cap as Crap. This may not have started as a ASM discussion but it may turn into one. I guess when one doesn't have anything intelligent to say they spew out the words "BIow Me". Wow now I feel real bad. If you don't like what I said that's fine, don't tell me what I can and can't post.

Back to the point, the ASM Cap if upheld and enforced will cause Eagle to either park more planes (which they won't do) or use AA furloughees to fly them. If the planes are parked more Eagle guys will be furloughed, if they have to use AA guys I beleive more Eagle guys will be furloughed. Of course, the latter would bring about the end of the Cap restriction once the last AA furloughee is flying (according to proposals that had been on the table) and then Eagle could start the expenansion process again. Then the Eagle furloughees would be recalled. This whole Cap issue is a way to protect jobs at AA. Look what's happening at Delta. Comair and ASA are hiring, expanding like crazy, and Delta continues to lay off pilots. We have a tool to stop that from happening.

Scope is a necessary evil in the industry. If Eagle had scope they could have protected themselves better. I flew for ACA we did have scope. When the company started up ACJet (Patriot) they had to operate them on a different certificate. Our scope prevented them from starting it as a seperate seniority list carrier. They would have loved to have done that to save on training costs. So even at the regional level scope is an issue. Any pilot at any company should want to protect the flying currently being done by pilots on their seniority lists. To allow another carrier or pilot group who will provide the lift for less money is almost like allowing SCABs to steal your flying. Not that you guys are scabs, but try to put yourself in our position.

I submit the the ASM Cap is not anti-Eagle it's pro AA. APA had a way to protect itself and is trying to live by the CBA with Management. APA even had a proposal to merge the seniority lists. That would guarantee you would become an AA pilot.

If you can't tell I'm an AA furloughee. I'll bet Eagle furloughees are having an easier time finding flying jobs than us. Nobody wants to touch someone with recall at AA because they know you'll leave as soon as it comes. These are crazy times in this industry and a lot of us are having to deal with them first hand. I would much rather get recalled and get back into the S80 but I would be equally happy to come over to Eagle for a while with you guys. That is of course if Feduppilot can keep his KY to himself

"If Eagle had scope they could have protected themselves better."

We do have Scope, but it is poorly written much like the rest of our cryptic contract. The company walked all over our scope with the usage of American Connection carriers. We have an arbitration hearing pending on scope second week of this month.
It is true that scope is important. I, like most of the Eagle folks, never bought the company's argument to try and get AA to lift the ASM cap. To do so would be ludicrous since there would be no guarantee it would help Eagle at all, furloughed or not furloughed. It would only serve to divide AA and Eagle pilots. AMR would likely get anyone with an aircraft larger than a 210 to fly feed for AA regardless of loyalties, past or present to AMR. Their goal is cheap labor, not morale or harmony in the work force.
Good luck to all on furlough. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

Monkeys:
What's sad is we get email all the time from management blaming how BAD things are at Eagle on the ASM cap, so I guess some folks are buying it.
I, like most Eagle guys, am standing with you
on this one. They will not divide us any more.
What's the status of your negotiations?

Inform youself

Keep the ASM is place. We need to Unite and become One. Remenber ONE VOICE ONE LIST. I welcome all American Pilots, and yes I have flown with some of the flowbacks, their good guys. If we don't UNITE American Airlines will grow about 2-3% per year and Eagle will grow about 123% that's what the experts said before 9/11. Look at the numbers American Airlines traffic May up 0.9% over last year American Eagle traffic May up 5.2 % over last year. For all of you American Airlines pilots and Eagle pilot please read the BOYD report, Inform yourself..:cool:

Dear Monkey - You seem to be a very confused chimp. Should all furloughed AA pilot come to Eagle and do more flying it WOULD NOT end the ASM cap. In order for the ASM cap to end ALL furloughed mainline pilots would have to be recalled to mainline, earning mainline wages and working under the greenbook. APA has not AND WILL NOT agree to anything else. There are no "proposals on the table" that APA condones or accepts regarding your misguided ramblings.

You appear to be a TSA guy looking to stir the pot. Sadly some Eagle guys will nibble at your bait. For now, please continue to enjoy your turboprop, as even if the scope grievance fails, from what I understand all new "connection" jets will go to your friends at Chautauqua. :p

Latest resources

Back