• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eagle flyers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sorry to her that. I have been trying to pursue the dream for two and a half years now and have been furloughed from one airline and soon to be two airlines flying turbo props. I have to tell you that no new hire class or line flying in any regional will be your dream job. They all have their faults, I don't care what anyone says. After six months on the line, you will be bitching about something like I did, but when you are on the street after flying in a 121 airline it is no fun and wish to god you had your job back. I will soon be looking once again and although I appreciate the advice, I would take eagle if the opportunity presented itself. Until you have finsished your checkride at United, Delta, SW or American don't think the grass is any greener at the regionals. My 2 cents. Good luck, See ya.

sim66,
I hear what you're saying. I just said to go somewhere else if possible . I definately understand that jobs are hard to come by right now.
Eagle is limited by the AA ASM Cap until ALL AA pilots are off furlough. With all the TWA pilots now merged into the list...this could be awhile. Don Carty predicted sometime in 2004. I think things just keep getting uglier and uglier at Eagle...and it wasn't that pretty to begin with (pre 9/11). All my friends that have left for other places are much happier at the other places. They say, "WOW, it's amazing how nice it is to be treated like a human!"
All the AMR Unions are having a "Unity March" tomorrow at the AMR shareholders meeting to "inform AMR management that it needs to start cooperating with all of its unions, instead of working against us." according to ALPA.

Enough is Enough.

-herb

Herb, I understand your point. I read about that unity march as well. I can't believe mainline will support you guys in that walk. See in my airline, you would never get mainline guys to walk in conjunction with us. Oh well, it's time to pack my bags to go sit my 5 days of reserve. Take care.

Hopefully some good will come out of this unity march. Once you circle the wagons and know whose on your side, it can only get better, right? Does anyone have a news link to see what went down today? We don't get much DFW coverage in SoCal.

According to our Union chair, there were 200 eagle pilots and at one time 400 or more AMR employees walking a line that was a half mile in length. It was most impressive.

As an Eagle pilot, I'm not sure whether it was APA supporting us as much as it was us supporting them. A combined list would be good for both...but when you look at what Delta is doing to it's main line VS reginnals, well I think the APA should be concerned. We need to be equally supportive of them. As the march was labled "Unity", together we stand devided we fall. AMR loves devided.

I was glad to have been able to walk today. Maybe someone is paying attention (but it is AMR, so I won't get my hopes up too much).

Hey now

I am furloughed from Eagle, and with the time I had at hiring I couldn't get anything but flight instructing afterwards. As for other posts, if all you guys senior to me want to leave please do. AMR is a strong hold company, and with 5 years of recall rights unless I am flying a GV or something like it, I can wait. I do have the next 30 some years to be an airline pilot so no use starting to complain about it soon. Good luck to everyone out there!

Eagle definitely does not have anywhere near the best work rules in the industry, and management could use a little (more than a little) guidance on how to better respect their employees and make this place a more enjoyable place to work, but...

Much of one's satisfaction at a company is generated from within. If you let the constant rhetoric in the crew lounge and on the web message boards get to you and actually start to let it run (ruin) your life, you will actually start to believe that the job really IS that bad. Newsflash everyone. When things are going well at a company, most everyone thinks that company is the best one on earth - look at the Skywest folks. For the past few years, they've been in a rapid expansion mode because of their codeshare with United on the West Coast and now Delta's use of Skywest to spread some of the Delta feed around their system and to fly into Delta's other hubs. Those guys feel that they work for the best company in the industry. IF, however, things go sour with one of their partners and things start to move backwards (as inevitably they always do - even at the hallowed SKW), you will start to hear their pilots sing a different tune. It ALWAYS happens. Things are cyclical in this industry.

I recognize that things are far from perfect at Eagle, however I have chosen to remain happy with my life and my job, for better and for worse. Right now I'm commuting from LAX to BOS in order to be a RJ captain. Starting in July I'll only need to go as far as ORD. Not an ideal situation, but not one that will ruin my life either. I'll get back to the West Coast eventually. In the mean time I'll enjoy the airplane and my job. Heck, it sure beats WORKING for a living!

Had I taken a job at any other large regional I would be just as happy because life is what you make of it. If you choose to be unhappy, you will be. If you choose to be HAPPY, then you probably will be.

Enough said.

See ya at FL 370!!:D

I was in the April 8th class. That airplane is a lot of fun. We were doing 3650 fpm at 250 indicated in the 135 with a 3/4 full airplane. I also had a FULL airplane with the jumpseat filled from RDU to BOS and yet we got to FL370 in about 23 minutes at normal climb speeds.:cool:

Latest resources

Back