E170 Cruising speed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

Whaddaya guys/gals cruise at in that thing? We took off 3 planes ahead of a 170 from DFW-IAD and darn if, 2 hours later, we hear him getting a crossing clearance of Puttz at 240 AHEAD of us! (We were doing M. 745...) Just curious, thanks.

What's the burn?

aa73 said:
Whaddaya guys/gals cruise at in that thing? We took off 3 planes ahead of a 170 from DFW-IAD and darn if, 2 hours later, we hear him getting a crossing clearance of Puttz at 240 AHEAD of us! (We were doing M. 745...) Just curious, thanks.

Hey 73, whatchew guys burning a side doing .745? What altitude?

cheers

.78 to .82 but .78 is what is planned. I've only seen .82 a few times but .8 and .81 are attainable in most conditions.

I've seen PHL-IAH with a full boat in 3hr and 40min or 50min and used somewhere around 12,000 or 13,000 lbs of gas.

Last edited:
I saw .83 in cruise at FL380 MSP-SLC in the CRJ700 today. That happens on a regualr basis. 2h:40m, 9,500# of gas.....

That nothin'. In the CE 750, I've done SEA to IAD in 3 hrs 24 min while hung up in the winter jetstream. .918 most of the way.

Last edited:
ce750drvr said:
That nothin'. In the CE 750, I've done SEA to IAD in 3 hrs 24 min while hung up in the winter jetstream. .918 most of the way.

Yeah, but how many people?

I got my Chevy Celebrity up to 70mph today, but then I spun out in some wet leaves hitting a short yellow bus full of oxygen thieves.

Poopdood

The faster the better in that $hitty crj7....what a crappy ride!

After spending numerous amounts of time in the back of the 135 and 145 mini tube, I can assure you that there is no comparison to your analogy. The CR7 is unequivocally (I know, big word) faster and roomier that the claustrophobic shipping containers you defend!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back