• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

E170/175/190 strobes...daaaaang!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, genius idea! We'll just make sure we all crane our necks sideways when we think the strobes will come on. How about a "code word" that will alert the pilots behind them that they're about to blind us, so we can all look away. Maybe we can even move up while looking sideways using our peripheral vision. Because, Heaven forbid pilots use a little common sense, good judgment and courtesy.

Re-read my post. I clearly agree with keeping lights on while on the runway. I just think folks who fly E-jets can maybe wait till they're lined up before switching them on.

I like your code word idea... I will implement that from now on. Whenever you hear tower say "Taxi into position and hold" consider "position" your code.

Look away... Look away...

I'll pass your request, and all-important commute, to the captain. But something tells me that taxi speed is probably inversely proportionate to the company's willingness to sit down at the bargaining table with us. I'm sure you'll fully understand when your pilot group comes up for contract renewal. In the meantime, by all means ask ground to taxi around us. We'll gladly give way.

Now back to strobes....

I fully support AA taxiing any speed they want... For safety's sake, naturally. You guys are making me some decent coin at LGA.

Why, thank you Lowly! I believe making some extra coin is in everyone's interest. Except, of course, on the last leg when one needs to commute - in which case I honor FADEC's request and gently remind the CA to pick it the flock up as I'm not interested in shelling out $120 for a NY hotel room. But hey, I guess I could hit you up for a stay at our old pad!

I've never been blinded by strobes. I don't see the big deal. I just look away just like I do when the sun makes its first peek over the horizon in the morning. My eyes are only 32 years old though, maybe they still adapt fast.

I feel like guys call "strobes" on the frequency like its a party foul more than a practical problem.

You want to talk about destroyed night vision, some airports have very bright lights on the terminal building and seem to shine directly at your face. I put the visor up at night time!

Latest resources

Back