E-190s at AWA/US Mainline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL280 said:
heavy set go away, this board is for the adults. STOP pretending to be a pilot.

FL280,

Can you tuck me into bed and read me a story?

You're hilarious!!!!!! Wake up - get your hours and get off your lazy a$$ and apply to a major - unless you want a regional income for the rest of your life...

Heavy Set said:
This is a very simple message: regionals should NOT be flying 100 seat aircraft at lower regional wages. Instead, regional pilots who want to fly 100 seaters SHOULD APPLY to the majors/LCCs that will invariably offer higher long-term pay than the regionals.... Do you think CHQ will pay you more over time than a Jet Blue or Air Tran? Don't bring the 100-seat wage level down to regional levels - instead, keep 100 seater wages respectable and keep them in the majors (even though Jet Blue's E190 wage is too low - hopefully that will change in time).

Regional pilots who want to keep 100 seat flying should get off their a$$es and apply to the LCCs or mainline carriers that are hiring... That's my $0.02.

CHQ does pay more in the long run than JetBlue does. I think after year 7 or 8 it surpasses JetBlues payscale. check it! http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/

year 12 ooops! Its pretty much the same!

Last edited:
JohnyChimpo99 said:
How does this work? If AWA ALPA wants to scope regionals out of the E190 market and they get payrates ready, can management still put these aircraft at the regionals? Do both sides have to agree on this?

No, as of now the 190 are scoped out of anything but ML flying, this was just reafirmed with an ageement between Mgmt and the HP & the AAA MEC's. This would have to change for the 190's to be outsourced now.

Heavy Set said:
This is a very simple message: regionals should NOT be flying 100 seat aircraft at lower regional wages. Instead, regional pilots who want to fly 100 seaters SHOULD APPLY to the majors/LCCs that will invariably offer higher long-term pay than the regionals.... Do you think CHQ will pay you more over time than a Jet Blue or Air Tran? Don't bring the 100-seat wage level down to regional levels - instead, keep 100 seater wages respectable and keep them in the majors (even though Jet Blue's E190 wage is too low - hopefully that will change in time).

Regional pilots who want to keep 100 seat flying should get off their a$$es and apply to the LCCs or mainline carriers that are hiring... That's my $0.02.

The bottom line is that Regional pilots really do not have a say in what A/C their company uses. When I was at the regional level I knew that every new RJ I sat in delayed my upward mobility that much further. I was powerless to do anything about it.

Spinplate said:
CHQ does pay more in the long run than JetBlue does. I think after year 7 or 8 it surpasses JetBlues payscale. check it!

Somehow I doubt there will be any 12 year jetblue guys at that payscale, much less 3, but hey, you think CHQ is getting anything bigger??

JoeMerchant said:
...As I predicted, the "mainline" groups will start underbidding the regional rates to capture the flying. Maybe PCL128 can explain to me how this is a good thing. What good are more "mainline" jobs if they pay less than my lowly little "regional" job? .

I think you and everyone else know the answer to this question, and if you don't, you certainly shouldn't be trusted to fly anything with retractable gear. The "underbidding" is to entice management to get the airplane (and all of the "regional" flying we've been losing to you) on our seniority list, not yours. Pay rates can be negotiated later when we have more leverage, but once 100 seat flying has been lost to the Regional cancer, it will be curtains for everyone who's not on international equipment.

Maybe we should start undercutting mainline to fly the 737, 757, and 777?

I know you'd love to....which is why scope is so important. I don't know why we all worry so much about foreign cabotage when we have guys like you that have been doing it to us right in front of our eyes!

This is no surprise to many of us - we saw this coming. Regional guys WAKE UP! The mainline will do ANYTHING to protect it's own, even if it means undercutting the regionals. Start looking out for yourselves instead of kissing their a$

You're dammn right we will protect what is ours....I just wish we had resolved to do it 10 years ago at the 50 seat level instead of today after so much damage has already been done. And Regional guys, I agree on one thing with this loser, it is time to wake up! The rampant looting of mainline flying will not last forever, and it looks like it just may stop in the 90-100 seat market. From a professional pilot's perspective, everything just works much better when young pilots do a stint at a regional and then MOVE ON to a final/larger carrier. The entitlement philosophy of some of the career regional pilots has really thrown this career into a tailspin.

Maybe this is all a bit harsh, but sorry....it's been building up over the last 3 years when I lost my job to you. I don't want to see it happen again.

The best thing we could do, is to get one seniority list within the airlines. You start on the prop/RJ you end up on the A-380/B787.

The problem is now, that a regional pilot is not about to give up his gig to start over or be stapled on the seniority list. So the RJ guy will fight for more, and bigger, airplanes and mainline will have to adjust what they are willing to accept.

Spinplate said:
CHQ does pay more in the long run than JetBlue does. I think after year 7 or 8 it surpasses JetBlues payscale. check it! http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/

year 12 ooops! Its pretty much the same!

True, but the whole point of a lot of this thread is that at JB you can move over to the Airbus and top out at 139/hr. The most you'll ever make at CHQ is 104. (not to mention stock options and better bennies at JB)

In the "long run" you'll do much much better at JB.

Latest resources

Back