E-190s at AWA/US Mainline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crzipilot,

I agree with many of your ideas (from a purely civilian perspective), however, I doubt that our military trained friends would feel that it is fair to "start over" to get a commercial flying job. Don't forget that their 7+ years of "apprenticeship" has already been served.

I guess we'll just have to come up with a more inclusive career path for both pure civilian trained vs. pure military trained.

Good Jobs guys......reverse the trend. Gotta get the planes on the property.....do any of you haters have any suggestions on how they were going to be able to do that without low rates??

Piker

Furloughed,

Well that's another distaste of ALPO.....as there is someone making 400+ that's supposed to have those answers...... give me some time though, and possibly be able to come up with an idea. One off the top of my head, is again, the fee for departure contracts. How much, if any of a savings is there to do it inhouse. Now granted there would have to be some synergies between the 3 corporate offices and such, but they've sorta gone in that direction with the SSO for hotels and such. (supposedly mainline/express/mda to be staying in same hotels whenever contracts come up) 3 dir. of ops??/ 3 dir. mtx / 3 of everything.....how much would be gained from cutting those??? So basically show a cost savings of some sort, and it would make sense. Now of course, if new mgmnt main goal is to continue to whipsaw the labor groups, well forget about it.

DornierPilot said:
Crzipilot,

I agree with many of your ideas (from a purely civilian perspective), however, I doubt that our military trained friends would feel that it is fair to "start over" to get a commercial flying job. Don't forget that their 7+ years of "apprenticeship" has already been served.

I guess we'll just have to come up with a more inclusive career path for both pure civilian trained vs. pure military trained.

It was the choice to go the military route. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Cactus73 said:
Yes,

They will be at mainline. We have to ratify the pay scales so it's not a done deal yet, but so far it doesn't look like Republic or anyone else will be flying 190's for us.

Pilots on the AAA/AWA seniority lists will fly these airplanes.

The line between mainline and regional has finally been drawn - albeit very late.

Does anyone know when the first domestic 190 delivery is available to someone other than Jetblue?

JoeMerchant said:
Well to be perfectly blunt, MY career is more important than YOUR career. Sorry, but that is the atmosphere that ALPA has fostered through the years. Nothing personal, it's just business. ........ If your version of a single list involves me starting all over at the bottom flying an aircraft for lower rates than we currently do, then you can stick it where the sun don't shine.
Joe

Yeah, ditto MY career as well. I was not talking the mythical shangri-la national list, but within a carrier, all flying done from RJ F/O up to 747-400 Capt. by the same company, same contract, same list.

As to stapling, etc, what would you think if the rate were the same or better, and you had the ability to bid up to larger equipment as your seniority would allow?

Last edited:
Fly4hire said:
.....yet you cry like a 2 year old at the proposition of these jobs becoming mainline positions?

These jobs have always been mainline positions!

I say we just do away with code-sharing and contracting. Let each airline try to make it on their own. (That or just re-regulate the industry completely)

Last edited:
DornierPilot said:
Crzipilot,

Well whaaaa. If they don't want to start over they should stay in the military. Great benefits and retirement I hear. Christ, is EVERYONE ENTITLED nowadays!?

How does this work? If AWA ALPA wants to scope regionals out of the E190 market and they get payrates ready, can management still put these aircraft at the regionals? Do both sides have to agree on this?

Latest resources

Back