E-190s at AWA/US Mainline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe Merchant,

I find it funny how you keep referring to "your" flying. Would regionals exist without a mainline to service? Is there really such a thing as "your" flying? Independence Air is demonstrating how viable a regional is as a stand alone company.

What does the RJDC think about this? Are the AWA pilots hurting the CHQ guys careers? Oh wait, the mainline guys are NOT ALLOWING THEM to BID FOR THE NEW FLYING, right? Can't USAir decide who they want to give their flying to? Maybe Mainline is relaxing something else in order to get this flying..... That's just not fair to the RJDC guys....

Bye Bye--General Lee

This is a very simple message: regionals should NOT be flying 100 seat aircraft at lower regional wages. Instead, regional pilots who want to fly 100 seaters SHOULD APPLY to the majors/LCCs that will invariably offer higher long-term pay than the regionals.... Do you think CHQ will pay you more over time than a Jet Blue or Air Tran? Don't bring the 100-seat wage level down to regional levels - instead, keep 100 seater wages respectable and keep them in the majors (even though Jet Blue's E190 wage is too low - hopefully that will change in time).

Regional pilots who want to keep 100 seat flying should get off their a$$es and apply to the LCCs or mainline carriers that are hiring... That's my $0.02.

Heavy Set said:
This is a very simple message: regionals should NOT be flying 100 seat aircraft at lower regional wages. Instead, regional pilots who want to fly 100 seaters SHOULD APPLY to the majors/LCCs that will invariably offer higher long-term pay than the regionals.... Do you think CHQ will pay you more over time than a Jet Blue or Air Tran? Don't bring the 100-seat wage level down to regional levels - instead, keep 100 seater wages respectable and keep them in the majors (even though Jet Blue's E190 wage is too low - hopefully that will change in time).

Regional pilots who want to keep 100 seat flying should get off their a$$es and apply to the LCCs or mainline carriers that are hiring... That's my $0.02.

heavy set go away, this board is for the adults. STOP pretending to be a pilot.

Heavy Set said:

I AGREE

onthestreet said:
Does anyone know when the first domestic 190 delivery is available to someone other than Jetblue?

No domestic carrier can take delivery of a 190 series E-jet until November of 2008 per the JB agreement with Emb. FWIW.

FeelingBlue said:
No domestic carrier can take delivery of a 190 series E-jet until November of 2008 per the JB agreement with Emb. FWIW.

I would question that. I just don't see Embraer cutting themselves out of potential sales for a three year period.

JoeMerchant said:
What is so magic about bestowing the title "mainline" on an aircraft if the payrates and workrules are equal to or lower than that of the regionals? If a regional group does this to get an aircraft, they are harassed. If a mainline group does this, they are heroes. Pure B$.

I would think the up-side (if there is one) is that you are on the main line seniority list. You could maybe move up to bigger, better paying equipment without going to the bottom of someone else's senority list and losing your furlough protection? Am I way off here?

JoeMerchant said:
What is so magic about bestowing the title "mainline" on an aircraft if the payrates and workrules are equal to or lower than that of the regionals? If a regional group does this to get an aircraft, they are harassed. If a mainline group does this, they are heroes. Pure B$.

Perhaps you should call Sally Struthers about SJS. If you're to blinded by the thought of getting to fly the EMB 170/190's then you're a lost cause. The big dollar salaries have in the past, present, and future only existed at "mainline." ALPA has well proven that they could care less about their regional brothers and are only marginally successful in protecting mainline pilot career potential. So why in the world would anyone want more jet lift to go to any regional. For God's sake man, are you really that dense ???

Unbelievable...:eek:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back