Duane Woerth question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jamesslally

It's been a while, but I was wondering if his position is an elected one, or if there is any kind of term limit. I can't understand why he is not help accountable by the membership, and why the membership has no recourse. Considering nobody has 1 good thing to say about him why can't the membership demand his resignation. If not what would prevent UAL, DAL, NWA...from strting in house unions and telling ALPA to go fu(k themselves??

While I certainly agree with your opinion of DW we have to face the fact that there is no widespread outcry over him. (The posters on this MB don't add up to enough.)

IMHO, whoever is the point man is always going to bear the brunt of the criticism. That said, if you still don't think he is the man for the job, speak with your elected local reps and see if they share your opinion. They are the ones who could get the ball rolling.

With all the paycuts and furloughs and resulting decrease in union dues, I was wondering about ALPA's financial condition.

Good questions - if you read the notes from the Executive Board ALPA is concerned about revenue & has made moves to move assets off shore to avoid exposure in litigation.

Since we all have had to take significant pay cuts I was wondering if ALPA leadership should do the same to feel our pain. If they did maybe they would play a litttle more hardball instead of just letting managements do what they please.

jamesslally said:
It's been a while, but I was wondering if his position is an elected one, or if there is any kind of term limit. I can't understand why he is not help accountable by the membership, and why the membership has no recourse. Considering nobody has 1 good thing to say about him why can't the membership demand his resignation.

Duane is elected by the BOD (Board of Directors). The BOD is composed of the Status Reps from each LEC. If you want to get rid of DW, then you need to talk to your LEC reps. If they don't want to get rid of him (and most don't), then you'll have to replace your LEC reps. Basically, you won't be able to get rid of DW because most of the members of the BOD are relatively happy with him. The fact that a bunch of malcontents on a message board don't like him isn't really relevant.

The President of the Union effectively controls discretionary funds. All MEC's are run in perpetual bankruptcy and rely on these discretionary funds for everything from paper for the copier to trip drop pay. Of course no one wants to dry to boot him from office, everyone in the hierarchy is either sucking up, or scared.

This is another reason why our "Democratic" union is not.

Hopefull Worthless will end up behind bars.

It's not any particular political party's fault that ALPO NEVER learned the leassons that Eastern, Pan Am, TWA, Braniff, US Air, etc etc taught them about pensions.

Latest resources

Back