• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Duane Woerth question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Complaints about ALPA are basically a dollar short and a minute late. ALPA failed years ago, however it was the electorate that failed the organization, leading to it's demise. The former MEC, Hank Duffey was probably the catalyst for the end of labour within the US airline industry. He supported a whitehouse that was determined to destroy ALPA and other US unions. In any case Duffey was elected to the MEC and as a result One major airline after another began to fail. Of course his own company, Delta continued to prosper but that's no longer the case. Now I hear the boys at UPS are attempting to get rid of their federal mediator and have a strike vote. Wonder what they'll say to the original pilots of UPS? I'll bet a lot of those guys would love to cross that picket line. Maybe the pilots at AA and Delta can achieve some semblance of solidarity with the pilots at Eagle or Comair but I would'nt hold your breath. Continental? Naaa, too full of scabs. United or NorthWest? Well, I'll bet a lot of old Republic and Frontier pilots are still nurseing a grudge. I thought that the consolidation of all of the Eagle carriers would have created a strong organization but ALPA got their hooks into the mix and sold those people down the river. I suspect we will have to hit the bottom before there's any hope. When we can look up to the working conditions of itinerant farm workers, maybe there will be a chance but probably not before.

maru--I agree with everything you said except about Continental. There are so few scabs left there, it's irrelevent. CAL is keeping its head down because so many people saw how bad it was and how they pulled themselves up from the depths that they are very hesitant to do anything to rock the boat.

The rest of your post is spot on. Unfortunately, like a lot of us, you've gained perspective at a price.TC

Boeingman said:
Informed informed blah blah blah.. Yes Rez we are all to ignorant and have no brains. There is that elitist attitude reeking out of you again.

Misinfomred blah blah blah...

I say the common dues paying meember doesn't know the difference from a LEC or MEC or the fact there is an EB. You call me an elitist for knowing that?

I'll support your revamping of ALPA or the organization you install after you remove ALPA and all of the corrupt croonies that are milking off our dues money...

Talk is cheap...put up or shut up....

Tired of the whinning and crying and no one doing nothing about it....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Misinfomred blah blah blah...

I say the common dues paying meember doesn't know the difference from a LEC or MEC or the fact there is an EB. You call me an elitist for knowing that?

I'll support your revamping of ALPA or the organization you install after you remove ALPA and all of the corrupt croonies that are milking off our dues money...

Talk is cheap...put up or shut up....

Tired of the whinning and crying and no one doing nothing about it....

You have a very low opinion of the "common dues paying member". I call you an elitist becasue of your continued tone and attitude towards us "common dues paying members".

What do you want me to put up Rez? You are a fool if you even believe for a second with all the politics within ALPA, a resolution to bring national officers salaries more in line with us "common dues paying members" would succeed.

maru657 said:
Continental? Naaa, too full of scabs.

Really??? Out of all the pilots at CAL, can you tell us what percentage of them are scabs? Or did you read that on a bathroom wall someplace?

Tejas

Boeingman said:
You have a very low opinion of the "common dues paying member". I call you an elitist becasue of your continued tone and attitude towards us "common dues paying members".

I have a big disapointment in the common paying dues member. They hand over 1.95% and don't know much about it combined with unrealistic expectation it is very easy to get very bitter quick. Combined with thier arrogant vitrol its gets old even quicker. How do you expect your local reps to increase effectiveness when the membership thinks thier dues buys a service?

Boeingman said:
What do you want me to put up Rez? You are a fool if you even believe for a second with all the politics within ALPA, a resolution to bring national officers salaries more in line with us "common dues paying members" would succeed.

Then why put all of this negative energy into it? All you got is vitrol, hatred and bitterness. Let's put it this way: if times were good, there would be none of this discussion because career expectations would be satisfied.

Latest resources

Back