• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DTW SIDA Badge (ASA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was really awesome when they had the security guard sitting outside of the XJ/9E crewrooms. First you had to show your airline ID to him, and then wait for a reluctant rampie to let you in.

Don't bother, it's worthless.

I disagree. As I stated before, it was nothing but grief getting to the break room and getting down to the aircraft without a SIDA badge when I was going to be based there for just a couple months. One time I had to have the chief pilot come to the gate to get me down.

If you don't need to park, just claim you aren't based here. I have only had 1 gate agent give me a hard time. I told her "well, I guess we will be delayed ON YOU since you won't let me down when I match the crew list". That was that and I was down. If you need to park and depending on where ops is you may actually need one. As far as on your "off time", I'm not going there.

With the new DTW base coming online for ASA in about 6 weeks, our Mgmt. is now requiring future DTW based crew members to obtain a DTW SIDA badge before June 1. When are we suppose to do this? Day off? Great, but pay! I'm not wasting two (of my already very little) days off to fly to DTW.

Am I missing something in the memo, or is this what they really expect us to do? I understand they will positive space us from one of our current domiciles, but when are we suppose to do this?

Also, from what I have heard, you really don't need a SIDA up there, unless it has changed. You don't need it for jetways, doors, security, etc. It's only good if you park in the parking lot. Has this changed at all or is it still worthless?

Was the same way with DFW, SLC and LAX, don't worry though, you'll have plenty of time sitting around in DTW with some of those 3+ hour sits.

Why the F is the big deal? Even in ATL you need to get the SIDA on your own time. It's only been like 25+ years of this. Cry me a river!

Why the F is the big deal? Even in ATL you need to get the SIDA on your own time. It's only been like 25+ years of this. Cry me a river!

Because they are making us go up to DTW before the base even opens on 2 different OFF days to do it. I say since the company wants us to travel up there for company business then it is deadhead and I will be claiming it on RainMaker. Grievance will follow the denial of my claim.

Doesn't ASA have a company message board where you can ask these stupid fu##ING questions??? I'm getting sick of all these lame ASA threads!!!

Latest resources

Back